FoodBanter.com

-   -   TN: Lageder 2002 Pinot Grigio (https://www.foodbanter.com/wine/25748-tn-lageder-2002-pinot.html)

Rich R 07-07-2004 02:41 AM

TN: Lageder 2002 Pinot Grigio

My root stock is Irish-Jewish, but at heart I'm an Italian. When the warmer
weather strikes, I go right for the white wine, and Italy offers some of the
best. Something as simple as a Pinot Grigio can be turned into a
mind-blower, and Lageder did it with the 2002 Alto Adige offering. This is
my third day of drinking the same bottle. Smokey, plush fresh fruit, a bit
decadent for a Pinot Grigio. Fine by itself, but drank with a dish made with
fettuccini, peas, potatoes, and a mild (very mild) pesto. Actually didn't
buy enough basil. With this dish, the wine had almost a sweet, lager beer
taste. Very interesting and very delicious.

Rich R.

--
The journey is the reward.

Luk 07-07-2004 08:16 AM

Lageder 2002 Pinot Grigio

Ciò che ha detto
Rich R )
è così interessante, che devo dire la mia:

.. Fine
> by itself, but drank with a dish made with fettuccini, peas,
> potatoes, and a mild (very mild) pesto. Actually didn't buy enough
> basil. With this dish, the wine had almost a sweet, lager beer taste.
> Very interesting and very delicious.
>
> Rich R.

If I can suggest a choice for the next time you will eat pesto, try a good
Pigato or Vermetino (only if you do not find Pigato) bottle. In fact PG
(especially from 2002 vintage: cold and rainy summer in Italy) is probably
too acid to match correctly with pesto.

Luk