Mike Kauzer

Default Amateur wine maker magazine

Can anyone suggest a magazine subscription that I could give as a gift
to my father who is going to try to become an amateur wine maker.
Thanks.
J. Harris

Two wine industry trade magazines in the USA that might be of interest
include "Wines & Vines" 800-406-5283 and "Vineyard & Winery Management"
707-836-6820. Where "Wines & Vines" is more general, "Vineyard & Winery
Mgt." is more academic IMHO.
J.Harris

"Mike Kauzer" > wrote in message
om...
> Can anyone suggest a magazine subscription that I could give as a gift
> to my father who is going to try to become an amateur wine maker.
> Thanks.

Tom S

"Mike Kauzer" > wrote in message
om...
> Can anyone suggest a magazine subscription that I could give as a gift
> to my father who is going to try to become an amateur wine maker.

I don't know about magazines, but you should direct him to the
rec.crafts.winemaking newsgroup. There are a lot of very knowledgeable
regulars there - some of them professionals. It's about as friendly as this
NG (which by Usenet standards is quite good).

Tom S

Kzinns2

WineMaker magazine should be just what you're looking for. Here's their
website: http://www.winemakermag.com/

>Can anyone suggest a magazine subscription that I could give as a gift
>to my father who is going to try to become an amateur wine maker.
>Thanks.

JEP

http://www.winemakermag.com/

> >Can anyone suggest a magazine subscription that I could give as a gift
> >to my father who is going to try to become an amateur wine maker.
> >Thanks.

I've never been very impressed with WineMaker magazine, IMHO, there
are a lot of articles that just miss the mark.

"Vineyard & Winery Management" I find very good, but it may be a
little too technical for a beginner.

I would suggest a book on home wine making.

I'll echo Tom's comments about R.C.W. Great group of people at all
levels of wine making.

Andy

Tom S

"JEP" > wrote in message
om...
> I would suggest a book on home wine making.

Jon Iverson's book is a pretty good place to start.

Tom S