Chuck Reid

Default Scotland

My nephew and I are off next week for a 2 week tour and golfing excursion to
Scotland followed by 4 days at the British Open at Troon. Anyone got must
see; must golf; must eat or must drink locations in Scotland? Report will
follow on return.
TIA
--
Regards
Chuck

To reply, delete NOSPAM from return address

J. Harris

FWIW, Either the April or the May issue of Bon Appetite was entirely focused
on all things Scotish (golf, food, drink, hiking, heather, food, drink... ).
Have a good time.
J.Harris

"Chuck Reid" > wrote in message
> My nephew and I are off next week for a 2 week tour and golfing excursion

> Scotland followed by 4 days at the British Open at Troon. Anyone got must
> see; must golf; must eat or must drink locations in Scotland? Report will
> follow on return.
> TIA
> --
> Regards
> Chuck
> So much wine; So little time!
>
> To reply, delete NOSPAM from return address

James Dempster

On Thu, 24 Jun 2004 10:24:27 -0400, "Chuck Reid"
> wrote:

>My nephew and I are off next week for a 2 week tour and golfing excursion to
>Scotland followed by 4 days at the British Open at Troon. Anyone got must
>see; must golf; must eat or must drink locations in Scotland? Report will
>follow on return.

A very short list, all well away from either major centres of
population or Troon, but worth trying to visit in your two weeks.

Golf suggestions

Royal Dornoch http://www.royaldornoch.com/

Nairn (Walker Cup 1999) http://www.invernessonline.com/nairngolfclub/

Food

The Three Chimneys on the Isle of Skye http://www.threechimneys.co.uk/

Drink

Gordon & MacPhails in Elgin, at least 1 whisky for every day of the
year. http://www.gordonandmacphail.com/

James

James Dempster (remove nospam to reply by email)

You know you've had a good night
when you wake up
and someone's outlining you in chalk.
MC

Dear Chuck

I have never been here but they have a good reputation.

Carnoustie Hotel & Spa
The kinks, Carnoustie, Angus DD7 7JE
Tel + 441241 411 999
www.carnoustie-hotel.com

They say its the most challenging Golf Course in the world!!

Please let me know if you pass by here.

Cheers
Marc