Default Recent TN's

From the past week or so...=20

Dom. Michel Gros, Vosne Romanee 'aux Brulees', 2000=20

the lightist of strawberry with cranberry aromas. Some light sour cherry,=20
a little dust, and a light finish. Okay, and actually fills out a little=20
bit more with air. Won't make old bones tho.=20
Would be a better bargain if it was about $10 less than the $30 I paid for=
=20
it. B+/88=20

Dom. de Belliviere, Coteaux du Loir, 'Le Rouge Gorge', 2002=20
Very intriguing nose of green cardamom and piquant peppercorn. And gum=20
arabic. Weird quality that is difficult to convey to the medium-bodied=20
tart fruit in this of cherry-cranberry with a pepperish finish. With air,=20
the finish turns to something between stinky old fruit on streetcorners in=
=20
Singapore to cheese rind, but returns to a sour candy ending with a gum=20
mastic finish. Intriguing. But what would the perfect pairing be with=20
this? I can see why Pineau d=92Aunis is the next grape to take over the wi=
ne=20
world. Or, small [CENSORED] portions of it. B+/88=20

Dom. de Montrac, Vacqueyras 'cuvee Vincila', 1998=20

Cuvee Vanilla??? Scuse? A passing acquaintance, punctuated with=20
smoke-filled cherries and a light licorice touch. Turns harsh going down.=20
Strapping, but uninteresting. Drinkable. B/84=20

Chat. Ferran, Pessac-Leognan, 2000=20

Typicity in small spades. Cedars....blackcurrants...smooth, light, and=20
ready-to-go. A solid luncheon claret sharing the supple qualities of the=20
2000 vintage. Finishes with a slight warm streak, but not obsessively so.=20
B/85-6=20

And that's all for now....=20

--=20
Dale Williams

>Dom. Michel Gros, Vosne Romanee 'aux Brulees', 2000=20
>
>the lightist of strawberry with cranberry aromas. Some light sour cherry,=20
>a little dust, and a light finish. Okay, and actually fills out a little=20
>bit more with air. Won't make old bones tho.=20
>Would be a better bargain if it was about $10 less than the $30 I paid for=

I've found M. Gros frustratingly inconsistent. My fave 2000 of several I tasted
was the simple (but clear) Bourgogne Hautes-Cotes de Nuits. Another Vosne 1er
(not the Brulees) was good too. Rest were ...dreck.

>Dom. de Belliviere, Coteaux du Loir, 'Le Rouge Gorge', 2002

On my buy list, thanks for note

>Or, small [CENSORED] portions of it. >B+/88=20

Methinks the boy hangs out in therapy too much.
Dale

Dale Williams
Drop "damnspam" to reply
Mark Lipton

Dale Williams wrote:

>>Or, small [CENSORED] portions of it. >B+/88=20

> Methinks the boy hangs out in therapy too much.

My thoughts exactly, Dale, especially with the reference to Pineau
D'Aunis. Now if he starts rating things in Pavies and Bruns, the case
will be complete...

Mark Lipton

[LONG] Recent and not-so-recent wines Mark Lipton[_1_] Wine 9 17-01-2014 10:28 PM
TN's: recent ones [email protected] Wine 0 21-01-2005 03:54 PM
3 recent ones [email protected] Wine 2 22-12-2004 09:07 PM
TN: 3 recent ones Markus Wine 1 17-11-2004 02:53 PM
Recent TN's Wine 4 26-08-2004 05:08 PM