Dale Williams

Default TN: Whites for Dale Williams

>Opened with a dinner of steamed clams and pan grilled wild salmon with
>sorrel sauce:

now that sounds good!

>2002 The Crossings Marlborough SB
>n: simple, grassy, grapefruit
>p: good acidity, grapefruit, herbal character, medium weight

That sounds about right. Good SB, but maybe not exciting. I think I prefer the
Cairnbrae and Babich lately.

>2002 Dom. Chantemerle Chablis 1er "Fourchaume"
>n: lemon, apple, stones
>p: crisp, lemon, slightly buttery in midpalate, clean finish
>
>Testing Dale's recent statement that he hadn't had a 2002 Chablis that
>he didn't like, I found this one on sale at Sam's for under $20 and
>thought "why not?" (they also had an entire aisle of Verget's whites,
>including 8 or so Chablis). End result: a nice, unoaked Chardonnay
>without much of the mineral character of the region, but a nice match
>with the salmon nonetheless. Infanticide? Most likely. Could easily
>be mistaken for a good Cote Chalonnaise white, however.

Mark, do you still have bottle? I don't know Chantemerle , but have some vague
memory it's a "brand" or second line of someone- Barat or Boudin or someone?

Thanks for notes!

Dale

Dale Williams
Drop "damnspam" to reply
Mark Lipton

Dale Williams wrote:

> >Opened with a dinner of steamed clams and pan grilled wild salmon with
> >sorrel sauce:

> now that sounds good!

It was: fruits of a shopping expedition to Chicago and Whole Foods (aka Whole
Paycheck).

> Mark, do you still have bottle? I don't know Chantemerle , but have some vague
> memory it's a "brand" or second line of someone- Barat or Boudin or someone?

Boudin it is. IIRC, Sam's was even marketing it as Boudin (a bit misleading
IMO). I haven't had any other Boudin Chablis to compare it to, alas.

> Thanks for notes!

You're most welcome.

Mark Lipton

TN FAO Dale Williams JT Wine 1 13-09-2009 06:11 PM
peh Dale Warfel of Keller Williams sent to jail for killing Anonymous Vegan 0 08-09-2006 07:07 AM