FoodBanter.com

-   -   Documentary about Robert Parker at Cannes (https://www.foodbanter.com/wine/24134-documentary-about-robert-parker.html)

winemonger 19-05-2004 05:53 PM

Documentary about Robert Parker at Cannes

An article about the new documentary focusing on Robert Parker:

http://www.baltimoresun.com/features...ures-headlines

Mike Tommasi 19-05-2004 08:42 PM

Documentary about Robert Parker at Cannes

On 19 May 2004 09:53:27 -0700, (winemonger)
wrote:

>An article about the new documentary focusing on Robert Parker:

The film, Mondovino, also mentions Parker, but it is far from being a
"documentary focusing on Robert Parker", it is an indictment of the
wine business and a glorification of those that approach winemaking as
an art. I plan to see it this (long) weekend. I'll let you know.

Mike

Mike Tommasi, Six Fours, France
email link
http://www.tommasi.org/mymail

winemonger 20-05-2004 04:44 PM

Mike Tommasi > wrote in message news:

> The film, Mondovino, also mentions Parker, but it is far from being a
> "documentary focusing on Robert Parker", it is an indictment of the
> wine business and a glorification of those that approach winemaking as
> an art. I plan to see it this (long) weekend. I'll let you know.

The article certainly made it seem Parker-centric. I look forward to
hearing your report- Are you heading to the festival?

e. winemonger

Mike Tommasi 20-05-2004 04:54 PM

Documentary about Robert Parker at Cannes

On 20 May 2004 08:44:03 -0700, (winemonger)
wrote:

>Mike Tommasi > wrote in message news:
>
>> The film, Mondovino, also mentions Parker, but it is far from being a
>> "documentary focusing on Robert Parker", it is an indictment of the
>> wine business and a glorification of those that approach winemaking as
>> an art. I plan to see it this (long) weekend. I'll let you know.

>The article certainly made it seem Parker-centric. I look forward to
>hearing your report- Are you heading to the festival?

Nah, it's really a professional trade show, there is not much to do
for visitors other than gawk at the stars. It is almost impossible to
get in to see the films. OTOH, the films are simultaneously released
throughout France, so you can see them in your own town more easily
than at Cannes.

winemonger 21-05-2004 06:58 PM

Documentary about Robert Parker at Cannes

Mike Tommasi > wrote in message news:
> Nah, it's really a professional trade show, there is not much to do
> for visitors other than gawk at the stars. It is almost impossible to
> get in to see the films. OTOH, the films are simultaneously released
> throughout France, so you can see them in your own town more easily
> than at Cannes.

Oh I know it! I have had to work the festival, and it can be a real
horror show. Part of my job was watching back-to-back films in the
market, which was great, but outside of that it's pretty much an awful
scene.
I did drive from there to St.Emilion, however.....

winemonger