Mat

Default Spanish Tempranillo.

Hi Everyone,

Hope all is well.

I was wondering if anyone knows much about a Tempranillo called
Berberana Dragon Tempranillo?

It's a 2000 vintage, and I'll be getting it at a steal (somewhere
below 25% RRP). However from what I've read tempranillo can age
reasonably well, but I cannot find a ballpark figure for how long this
particular vintage can be expected to live for.

Okely dokely,

Thanks heaps as usual,

Mat.
Topi Kuusinen

Mat wrote:

> Hi Everyone,
>
> Hope all is well.
>
> I was wondering if anyone knows much about a Tempranillo called
> Berberana Dragon Tempranillo?
>
> It's a 2000 vintage, and I'll be getting it at a steal (somewhere
> below 25% RRP). However from what I've read tempranillo can age
> reasonably well, but I cannot find a ballpark figure for how long this
> particular vintage can be expected to live for.

Mat,

While the Berberana Gran Reservas I've tried have been very good, I
remember being disappointed with the Berberana Dragon.

Why not buy one bottle and try it; if you like it, get some more. As far
as I know, the Dragon, the most inexpensive Berberana, is meant for near
term or immediate consumption anyway.

Cheers,

-Topi Kuusinen, Finland

Ian Hayward

Agreed. This is a £3.49 wine in UK, and the Co-op chain in particular sells huge
quantities of it. A passable to good Spanish table wine IMO, but it lacks the body
to keep.
Regards,
Ian

"Topi Kuusinen" > wrote in message
news
> Mat wrote:
>
> > Hi Everyone,
> >
> > Hope all is well.
> >
> > I was wondering if anyone knows much about a Tempranillo called
> > Berberana Dragon Tempranillo?
> >
> > It's a 2000 vintage, and I'll be getting it at a steal (somewhere
> > below 25% RRP). However from what I've read tempranillo can age
> > reasonably well, but I cannot find a ballpark figure for how long this
> > particular vintage can be expected to live for.
> >

> Mat,
>
> While the Berberana Gran Reservas I've tried have been very good, I
> remember being disappointed with the Berberana Dragon.
>
> Why not buy one bottle and try it; if you like it, get some more. As far
> as I know, the Dragon, the most inexpensive Berberana, is meant for near
> term or immediate consumption anyway.
>
> Cheers,
>
> -Topi Kuusinen, Finland

Mat

Thanks to everyone for their replies, much appreciated.

I was thinking of buying it as one of those wines you keep a case
around for when people don't really care what they're drinking if you
know what I mean.

But I shall take your advice and try a bottle tonight and see what the
result is.

I would have to buy 2 cases (well buy one get one free), so if as you
say it lacks the structure to age very long, then I might have to
leave it, or palm some off to other people. :-)

Okie dokie,

Thanks again,

Mat.

TN: Tempranillo Night DaleW Wine 1 24-09-2012 05:56 PM
Pretentious Tempranillo (Good QPR) responder[_2_] Wine 0 20-01-2011 04:12 AM
A&P Spanish Bar Cake Emily Hansen Recipes (moderated) 0 05-06-2007 05:34 AM
TN: Costieres white, Argentina Tempranillo, and an appelation called Maurice? DaleW Wine 1 10-11-2005 05:01 AM
Spanish Omellete and more... [email protected] General Cooking 0 06-09-2005 01:45 AM