Default Going off NRT very soon now...

On Sat, 27 Mar 2004 00:55:15 -0000, "Steve O" >

>> On Fri, 26 Mar 2004 11:08:25 -0000, "Steve O" >
>> wrote:
>>
>>> Do you work in an office or not?

>> What's the diference?
>>
>> Can you explain?

>I can't be bothered.
>I lost track of what we were arguing about in the first place.

Attention Deficit Disorder.
Another serious side-effect of not smoking.
Have a cigar.

Douglas W. Hoyt

Attention Def....

.....what was that?

Omega95

On Fri, 26 Mar 2004 08:25:42 -0500, Fred wrote:

> On Fri, 26 Mar 2004 11:06:29 -0000, "Steve O" >
> scribbled:
>
>> [quoted text muted]

> Miscarriages are more common among women who smoke. This effect has
> been known since the early 1900s.
>
> http://www-med.stanford.edu/medicalreview/smrp14-16.pdf

That article isnt even worth commenting on -- Want proof? look at
footnote #20 then find CURRENT information.

And dont blame me for the
crossposting - - I didnt add them and I aint removing them -- find the
real idiots.

Douglas W. Hoyt

Attention Def....

.....what was that?

Omega95

On Fri, 26 Mar 2004 08:25:42 -0500, Fred wrote:

> On Fri, 26 Mar 2004 11:06:29 -0000, "Steve O" >
> scribbled:
>
>> [quoted text muted]

> Miscarriages are more common among women who smoke. This effect has
> been known since the early 1900s.
>
> http://www-med.stanford.edu/medicalreview/smrp14-16.pdf

That article isnt even worth commenting on -- Want proof? look at
footnote #20 then find CURRENT information.

And dont blame me for the
crossposting - - I didnt add them and I aint removing them -- find the
real idiots.

rumik

wrote:

>>>You don't go out much, and it's probably for the best.

>>What would you know about that?
>>
>>Maybe I get out and about more than you do.
>>Tell me something, do you work in an office?

> Now this is getting really spooky - I posted this months ago.
> I certainly didn't repost it this time.
> Anyone know what's going on?

<grin>
rumik

wrote:

>>>You don't go out much, and it's probably for the best.

>>What would you know about that?
>>
>>Maybe I get out and about more than you do.
>>Tell me something, do you work in an office?

> Now this is getting really spooky - I posted this months ago.
> I certainly didn't repost it this time.
> Anyone know what's going on?

<grin>
Kevin

Daniel J. Stern wrote:
> On Sat, 20 Mar 2004, Kyoteee wrote:
>

>>Alcohol in any form harms the liver (especially) and the heart

> Kyotee, you ignorant slut, it does not. Moderate alcohol consumption is
> known to science and medicine to have quantifiable health benefits. The
> same cannot be said for cigarettes in ANY amount.

Stern sounds like a boozer.

Kevin

Daniel J. Stern wrote:
> On Sat, 20 Mar 2004, Kyoteee wrote:
>

>>Alcohol in any form harms the liver (especially) and the heart

> Kyotee, you ignorant slut, it does not. Moderate alcohol consumption is
> known to science and medicine to have quantifiable health benefits. The
> same cannot be said for cigarettes in ANY amount.

Stern sounds like a boozer.

Kevin

Bruce Watson wrote:
> In article et>,
> dick > wrote:
>

>>In my short life time we have heard-
>>-margarine is better than butter
>>-only to reverse and say butter is healthy in Margarine is unhealthy.
>>-Alcohol is bad for you and now Red wine is good for you.
>>-Low fat is good to low fat makes us fatter
>>-Low Carb is bad but people lose weight on low carb, especially low simple
>>carbs.

> In my longer lifetime, I've heard --
>
> -Smoking is unhealthy to smoking is unhealthy.

You just cant get past that fear of death can you.

Earle Jones

In article >,
"Alex W." > wrote:

> "Daniel J. Stern" > wrote in message
> n.umich.ed
> u...

> knowingly,

> injure themselves are

> > > The residents of alt.food.wine and

> alt.drinks.scotch-whisky will be
> > > interested to hear your opinion.

> > I sort of doubt it; it's not applicable. Participants in

> those groups, by
> > and large, do not injure themselves with wine and whisky.

> People who *do*
> > are known as "alcoholics", and society scorns them, too.

> Shows how little you know. Any alcohol harms the body. One
> single cold beer on a hot day harms your body. The alcohol
> molecule is not easily metabolised by the body and irritates
> pancreas, kidneys and liver at all concentrations. Even
> mild consumption of alcohol adversely affects cognitive
> functions of the brain (all activities that involve the
> acquiring, storage, retrieval and use of information).
> Drink two glasses of wine, and your abilities will be
> signally impaired: you will show signs of intoxication.

*
And you will live longer. Total abstinance from wine is a risk
factor for heart disease. There are dozens of recent studies that
confirm this. A sample, from:

http://wineserver.ucdavis.edu/cuttin...winehealth.htm

"Wine has been espoused for centuries as a superior beverage. Louis
Pasteur said, 'Wine is the most healthful and most hygienic of
beverages,' and Plato remarked, 'No thing more excellent nor more
valuable than wine was ever granted mankind by God.' Common to these
endorsements is the view that wine is as good for the body as it is
for the spirit. Modern scientific research supports this perception.
David Goldberg at the University of Toronto has recently published
an amusing and enlightening review of this subject.

Fifteen years ago, in an ecological epidemiology study, Selwyn St
Leger and co-workers showed that there was a population-based
association between a reduction in deaths from heart disease and
increased wine consumption.(2) More recently. Serge Renaud and
Michel de Lorgeril at INSERM in Lyon brought the issue to public
attention with a similar study 'Wine, alcohol. platelets. and the
French paradox for coronary heart disease.' They used World Health
Organization data to show that dairy fat consumption is highly
correlated with coronary heart disease (CHD) mortality. A few French
cities, however, had very high fat consumption, yet low CHD
mortality rates - thus the 'French paradox'. When they added wine
consumption as a factor that affected CHD mortality, the researchers
got a better correlation, with wine being a negative correlate - it
appeared to reduce heart disease.(3) Michael Criqui and Brenda
Ringel at the University of California, San Diego, subsequently
investigated comparable data and came to a similar conclusion: wine
was one of the few dietary factors that correlated with reduced CHD
mortality.(4) Interestingly, they also showed that fruit consumption
correlated with reduced CHD mortality.

There now appears to be no dispute that moderate wine consumption is
associated with lower CHD mortality. A related question is whether
or not total mortality rates decrease with increased wine
consumption. and here there is still some argument. In an ecological
study that compared entire populations, Criqui and Ringel showed
that total mortality does not decrease as the population's wine
alcohol consumption increases. The authors attribute this effect to
a compensating increase in mortality from other causes, which
offsets the (decreasing CHD mortality. However, in prospective
studies which distinguish between subjects based on consumption
rates, the lowest total mortality occurs with moderate alcohol
consumption (1-3 drinks/day), whether from beer, wine or spirits.(5)
For heavy drinkers, however, mortality is higher than non-drinkers,
especially among women. Other studies agree that the lowest
mortality occurs at moderate alcohol consumption levels. including
the analysis of health professionals by Eric Rimm and co-workers, at
Harvard School of Public Health.(6)"

See the above URL for more.

earle
*

--
__
__/\_\

rumik

wrote:

>>>Now this is getting really spooky - I posted this months ago.
>>>I certainly didn't repost it this time.
>>>Anyone know what's going on?

>><grin>

> Ohhh!
> You!!!!

What makes you think I had anything to do with it?
Have you studied the headers of those posts? If you
know how to read them, you might find it even spookier.
dopey

> > > Cigarette smokers are scorned, yes. People who knowingly,
> > > deliberately, willfully, wantonly and repeatedly injure themselves are
> > > scorned in this society as being ****ed in the head.

Being a little hard on the Cub fans, aren't we ?