Kyoteee

Default Going off NRT very soon now...

On Sat, 20 Mar 2004 13:21:52 -0500, "Daniel J. Stern"
> wrote:
>On Sat, 20 Mar 2004, Alex W. wrote:
>
>> > Cigarette smokers are scorned, yes. People who knowingly,
>> > deliberately, willfully, wantonly and repeatedly injure themselves are
>> > scorned in this society as being ****ed in the head.

>> The residents of alt.food.wine and alt.drinks.scotch-whisky will be
>> interested to hear your opinion.

>I sort of doubt it; it's not applicable. Participants in those groups, by
>and large, do not injure themselves with wine and whisky. People who *do*
>are known as "alcoholics", and society scorns them, too.

Alcohol in any form harms the liver (especially) and the heart, so
you're saying that anyone who ever drinks alcohol are automatically
alcoholics?

No wonder no one takes you seriously ... about anything.

Kyoteee

On Sat, 20 Mar 2004 13:21:52 -0500, "Daniel J. Stern"
> wrote:
>On Sat, 20 Mar 2004, Alex W. wrote:
>
>> > Cigarette smokers are scorned, yes. People who knowingly,
>> > deliberately, willfully, wantonly and repeatedly injure themselves are
>> > scorned in this society as being ****ed in the head.

>> The residents of alt.food.wine and alt.drinks.scotch-whisky will be
>> interested to hear your opinion.

>I sort of doubt it; it's not applicable. Participants in those groups, by
>and large, do not injure themselves with wine and whisky. People who *do*
>are known as "alcoholics", and society scorns them, too.

Alcohol in any form harms the liver (especially) and the heart, so
you're saying that anyone who ever drinks alcohol are automatically
alcoholics?

No wonder no one takes you seriously ... about anything.

Dana Myers

Alex W. wrote:

> Shows how little you know. Any alcohol harms the body.

Perhaps you're ignorant of the French paradox?

There's a plethora of research that indicates low-to-moderate
alcholic beverage consumption is, on the whole, good for you.

Abuse of alcohol, like abuse of anything, can be quite
bad for you.

Dana

Alex W.

"Daniel J. Stern" > wrote in message
n.umich.ed
u...
> On Sat, 20 Mar 2004, Alex W. wrote:
>
> > > Cigarette smokers are scorned, yes. People who

knowingly,
> > > deliberately, willfully, wantonly and repeatedly

injure themselves are
> > > scorned in this society as being ****ed in the head.

> > The residents of alt.food.wine and

alt.drinks.scotch-whisky will be
> > interested to hear your opinion.

> I sort of doubt it; it's not applicable. Participants in

those groups, by
> and large, do not injure themselves with wine and whisky.

People who *do*
> are known as "alcoholics", and society scorns them, too.

Shows how little you know. Any alcohol harms the body. One
single cold beer on a hot day harms your body. The alcohol
molecule is not easily metabolised by the body and irritates
pancreas, kidneys and liver at all concentrations. Even
mild consumption of alcohol adversely affects cognitive
functions of the brain (all activities that involve the
acquiring, storage, retrieval and use of information).
Drink two glasses of wine, and your abilities will be
signally impaired: you will show signs of intoxication.

Alex W.

"Daniel J. Stern" > wrote in message
n.umich.ed
u...
> On Sat, 20 Mar 2004, Alex W. wrote:
>
> > > Cigarette smokers are scorned, yes. People who

knowingly,
> > > deliberately, willfully, wantonly and repeatedly

injure themselves are
> > > scorned in this society as being ****ed in the head.

> > The residents of alt.food.wine and

alt.drinks.scotch-whisky will be
> > interested to hear your opinion.

> I sort of doubt it; it's not applicable. Participants in

those groups, by
> and large, do not injure themselves with wine and whisky.

People who *do*
> are known as "alcoholics", and society scorns them, too.

Shows how little you know. Any alcohol harms the body. One
single cold beer on a hot day harms your body. The alcohol
molecule is not easily metabolised by the body and irritates
pancreas, kidneys and liver at all concentrations. Even
mild consumption of alcohol adversely affects cognitive
functions of the brain (all activities that involve the
acquiring, storage, retrieval and use of information).
Drink two glasses of wine, and your abilities will be
signally impaired: you will show signs of intoxication.

Steve O

Bill wrote:
> Alex W. wrote:
>
>> Shows how little you know. Any alcohol harms the body. One
>> single cold beer on a hot day harms your body. The alcohol
>> molecule is not easily metabolised by the body and irritates
>> pancreas, kidneys and liver at all concentrations. Even
>> mild consumption of alcohol adversely affects cognitive
>> functions of the brain (all activities that involve the
>> acquiring, storage, retrieval and use of information).
>> Drink two glasses of wine, and your abilities will be
>> signally impaired: you will show signs of intoxication.
>>

> Posting anti-alcohol messages in the wine or scotch-whisky news
> groups qualifies you as a troll. I have already forwarded your
> message to the abuse desk at yahoo.

I find it hilarious that Alex, who am aware is particularly fond of good
wine and whisky, (particularly the Irish variety) is being labelled as a
troll in those newsgroups.
How did you get yourself into that one, Alex? ;-)

Marky

"Daniel J. Stern" > wrote in message
.umich.edu...
> On Sat, 20 Mar 2004, Kyoteee wrote:
>
> > Alcohol in any form harms the liver (especially) and the heart

> Kyotee, you ignorant slut, it does not. Moderate alcohol consumption is
> known to science and medicine to have quantifiable health benefits. The
> same cannot be said for cigarettes in ANY amount.

Danny you mutt! The only reason 'science' has anything good to say about
alcohol is that they tried to ban alcohol and failed miserably...but you
might remember the studies presented in the name of prohibition...

Wonder where those scientists are now...probably on the anti-tobacco band
wagon...because that's where the money is...

You can buy a scientist on any street corner and they will say just what you
want them too...

Speak rover 'arf arf'...

You mutt~on head...

Steve O

Bill wrote:
> Alex W. wrote:
>
>> Shows how little you know. Any alcohol harms the body. One
>> single cold beer on a hot day harms your body. The alcohol
>> molecule is not easily metabolised by the body and irritates
>> pancreas, kidneys and liver at all concentrations. Even
>> mild consumption of alcohol adversely affects cognitive
>> functions of the brain (all activities that involve the
>> acquiring, storage, retrieval and use of information).
>> Drink two glasses of wine, and your abilities will be
>> signally impaired: you will show signs of intoxication.
>>

> Posting anti-alcohol messages in the wine or scotch-whisky news
> groups qualifies you as a troll. I have already forwarded your
> message to the abuse desk at yahoo.

I find it hilarious that Alex, who am aware is particularly fond of good
wine and whisky, (particularly the Irish variety) is being labelled as a
troll in those newsgroups.
How did you get yourself into that one, Alex? ;-)

magnulus

Yes, alcohol is apparrently useful at reducing cholesterol and protecting
against heart attacks. But that doesn't change the fact that the US
government has ruled alcohol is a known human carcinogen.

Brett...

magnulus wrote:
> Yes, alcohol is apparrently useful at reducing cholesterol and
> protecting against heart attacks. But that doesn't change the fact
> that the US government has ruled alcohol is a known human carcinogen.

I don't live my life by everything the US or any other government for that
matter says.

--
Brett

Brett...

magnulus wrote:
> Yes, alcohol is apparrently useful at reducing cholesterol and
> protecting against heart attacks. But that doesn't change the fact
> that the US government has ruled alcohol is a known human carcinogen.

I don't live my life by everything the US or any other government for that
matter says.

--
Brett

magnulus

Yes, alcohol is apparrently useful at reducing cholesterol and protecting
against heart attacks. But that doesn't change the fact that the US
government has ruled alcohol is a known human carcinogen.

dick

In my short life time we have heard-
-margarine is better than butter
-only to reverse and say butter is healthy in Margarine is unhealthy.
-Alcohol is bad for you and now Red wine is good for you.
-Low fat is good to low fat makes us fatter
-Low Carb is bad but people lose weight on low carb, especially low simple
carbs.

Hey....to each their own.

"magnulus" > wrote in message
.. .

> Yes, alcohol is apparrently useful at reducing cholesterol and

protecting
> against heart attacks. But that doesn't change the fact that the US
> government has ruled alcohol is a known human carcinogen.

Douglas W. Hoyt

My Russian Jewish doctor friend says that if it makes you happy, chance are
it's good for you.

David

Douglas W. Hoyt wrote:

> My Russian Jewish doctor friend says that if it makes you happy, chance are
> it's good for you.

Amen.

Steve O

David wrote:

>> My Russian Jewish doctor friend says that if it makes you happy,
>> chance are it's good for you.
>>

> Amen.

All your friend has to do now is prove how smoking makes people happy.
All I've ever seen it do is make people very unhappy, one way or the other.

Douglas W. Hoyt

>>>All your friend has to do now is prove how smoking makes people happy.

All I've ever seen it do is make people very unhappy, one way or the other.

Exactly--it makes them unhappy. It's unhealthy.

Steve O

David wrote:

>> My Russian Jewish doctor friend says that if it makes you happy,
>> chance are it's good for you.
>>

> Amen.

All your friend has to do now is prove how smoking makes people happy.
All I've ever seen it do is make people very unhappy, one way or the other.

On Wed, 24 Mar 2004 23:37:24 -0000, "Steve O" >
wrote:

>David wrote:
>>>

>>> My Russian Jewish doctor friend says that if it makes you happy,
>>> chance are it's good for you.
>>>

>> Amen.

>All your friend has to do now is prove how smoking makes people happy.

No. First you have to prove, that it's any of your business.

>All I've ever seen it do is make people very unhappy, one way or the other.

You don't go out much, and it's probably for the best.

rumik

Steve O wrote:
> David wrote:

>>>My Russian Jewish doctor friend says that if it makes you happy,
>>>chance are it's good for you.
>>>

>>Amen.

> All your friend has to do now is prove how smoking makes people happy.
> All I've ever seen it do is make people very unhappy, one way or the other.

Why should anyone have to prove to you what makes
them happy? If they're happy, so be it. Or is it
that you have some kind of objection to other people
being happy?

I'm happy in a lot of ways. I realize that this is
not to your liking, and you will try your utmost to
convince me that I'm not happy. But then, I don't
give a damn what you think about me.

wrote:

>David wrote:
>>>

>>> My Russian Jewish doctor friend says that if it makes you happy,
>>> chance are it's good for you.
>>>

>> Amen.

>All your friend has to do now is prove how smoking makes people happy.

No. First you have to prove, that it's any of your business.

>All I've ever seen it do is make people very unhappy, one way or the other.

You don't go out much, and it's probably for the best.

rumik

Steve O wrote:
> David wrote:

>>>My Russian Jewish doctor friend says that if it makes you happy,
>>>chance are it's good for you.
>>>

>>Amen.

> All your friend has to do now is prove how smoking makes people happy.
> All I've ever seen it do is make people very unhappy, one way or the other.

Why should anyone have to prove to you what makes
them happy? If they're happy, so be it. Or is it
that you have some kind of objection to other people
being happy?

I'm happy in a lot of ways. I realize that this is
not to your liking, and you will try your utmost to
convince me that I'm not happy. But then, I don't
give a damn what you think about me.

Bruce Watson

In article et>,
dick > wrote:

>In my short life time we have heard-
>-margarine is better than butter
>-only to reverse and say butter is healthy in Margarine is unhealthy.
>-Alcohol is bad for you and now Red wine is good for you.
>-Low fat is good to low fat makes us fatter
>-Low Carb is bad but people lose weight on low carb, especially low simple
>carbs.

In my longer lifetime, I've heard --

-Smoking is unhealthy to smoking is unhealthy.
Steve O

rumik wrote:
> Steve O wrote:
>> David wrote:

>>> Amen.

>> All your friend has to do now is prove how smoking makes people
>> happy.
>> All I've ever seen it do is make people very unhappy, one way or the
>> other.

> Why should anyone have to prove to you what makes
> them happy? If they're happy, so be it. Or is it
> that you have some kind of objection to other people
> being happy?

Not at all.
I'm very pro happy, you silly girl....

> I'm happy in a lot of ways. I realize that this is
> not to your liking, and you will try your utmost to
> convince me that I'm not happy.

Why would I try to do that , you silly girl?

> But then, I don't
> give a damn what you think about me.

Why should you do that, you silly girl?

Steve O

rumik wrote:
> Steve O wrote:
>> David wrote:

>>> Amen.

>> All your friend has to do now is prove how smoking makes people
>> happy.
>> All I've ever seen it do is make people very unhappy, one way or the
>> other.

> Why should anyone have to prove to you what makes
> them happy? If they're happy, so be it. Or is it
> that you have some kind of objection to other people
> being happy?

Not at all.
I'm very pro happy, you silly girl....

> I'm happy in a lot of ways. I realize that this is
> not to your liking, and you will try your utmost to
> convince me that I'm not happy.

Why would I try to do that , you silly girl?

> But then, I don't
> give a damn what you think about me.

Why should you do that, you silly girl?

On Fri, 26 Mar 2004 01:32:12 -0000, "Steve O" >
wrote:

>Anyone got any details on the youngest death from a smoking related illness?

No one has ever died from a "smoking related illness".
There's no such thing. Don't believe everything they tell you.
Smokers live longer and happier lives than health-freaks.
Start smoking today.

On Fri, 26 Mar 2004 00:44:53 -0000, "Steve O" >
wrote:

>Maybe I get out and about more than you do.

Maybe not.

rumik

Steve O wrote:
> rumik wrote:
>
>>Steve O wrote:

>>>All your friend has to do now is prove how smoking makes people
>>>happy.
>>>All I've ever seen it do is make people very unhappy, one way or the
>>>other.

>>Why should anyone have to prove to you what makes
>>them happy? If they're happy, so be it. Or is it
>>that you have some kind of objection to other people
>>being happy?

> Not at all.
> I'm very pro happy, you silly girl....

You ARE? You could have fooled me.

>>I'm happy in a lot of ways. I realize that this is
>>not to your liking, and you will try your utmost to
>>convince me that I'm not happy.

> Why would I try to do that , you silly girl?

My question exactly. But you've never really answered that.

>>But then, I don't
>>give a damn what you think about me.

> Why should you do that, you silly girl?

To give a damn what you think about me, I'd have to
like you or respect you. By now, I'm sure you must have
realized that both of these are conspicuously absent.
No offence intended.

On Fri, 26 Mar 2004 11:08:25 -0000, "Steve O" >
wrote:

>Do you work in an office or not?

What's the diference?

Can you explain?

wrote:

>Do you work in an office or not?

What's the diference?

Can you explain?

On Sat, 27 Mar 2004 00:55:15 -0000, "Steve O" >

>> On Fri, 26 Mar 2004 11:08:25 -0000, "Steve O" >
>> wrote:
>>
>>> Do you work in an office or not?

>> What's the diference?
>>
>> Can you explain?

>I can't be bothered.
>I lost track of what we were arguing about in the first place.

Attention Deficit Disorder.
Another serious side-effect of not smoking.
Have a cigar.