Wine Mogel

Default Any ideas besides Ebay for selling vintage wine? I have aobut 30.

I am selling my house of 29 years and would like to also sell off my
wine I have kept in my wine cellar. It is just to much for me to keep
and do not have an ideal location to store these wonderfull wines at my
new home. They have been stored with love and I do not want them to go
bad.

Here is my list:
2 - Chateauneuf Du Pape / Domaine Durteu 1990
2- Chateau Lynch Bages / Grand Cru Classe, Pauillac 1990
1- Chateau Lynch Bages / Grand Cru Classe, Pauillac 1989
1- Chateau Lynch Bages / Grand Cru Classe, Pauillac 1988
1- Chateau Lynch Bages / Grand Cru Classe, Pauillac 1984
2- Chateau Bel-Air Lagrave / Cru Bourgeois, Moulis-En-Medoc 1983
4- Chateau Boyd-Cantenac / Grand Cru Classe, Margaux 1984
2 - Chateauneuf Du Pape / Domaine Roger Perrin 1986
1 - Chateauneuf Du Pape / Domaine La Roquette 1980
1 - Chateauneuf Du Pape / Domaine La Roquette 1981
2 - Chateauneuf Chauvin / Grand Cru Classe, Saint-Emillion 1986
2 - Chateau Mouton Baronne Philippe / Baron Phiippe-de Rothschild 1987
2 - Chateau Saint-Florin / Bordeaux 1989
3 - Chateau Marquis de Terme / GCC, Margaux 1981
1 - Chateau Le Bon Pasteur / Pomerol, Appellation Pomerol Controlee 1986
1 - Freemark Abbey / Cabernet Bosche 1983

Any ideas?

Thank you, C. S. Lyons

"removethispart" to email me if needed
dick

where are you located?

"Wine Mogel" > wrote in message
news:020320041539183365%Lyonsfamily@removethispart .att.net...
> I am selling my house of 29 years and would like to also sell off my
> wine I have kept in my wine cellar. It is just to much for me to keep
> and do not have an ideal location to store these wonderfull wines at my
> new home. They have been stored with love and I do not want them to go
> bad.
>
> Here is my list:
> 2 - Chateauneuf Du Pape / Domaine Durteu 1990
> 2- Chateau Lynch Bages / Grand Cru Classe, Pauillac 1990
> 1- Chateau Lynch Bages / Grand Cru Classe, Pauillac 1989
> 1- Chateau Lynch Bages / Grand Cru Classe, Pauillac 1988
> 1- Chateau Lynch Bages / Grand Cru Classe, Pauillac 1984
> 2- Chateau Bel-Air Lagrave / Cru Bourgeois, Moulis-En-Medoc 1983
> 4- Chateau Boyd-Cantenac / Grand Cru Classe, Margaux 1984
> 2 - Chateauneuf Du Pape / Domaine Roger Perrin 1986
> 1 - Chateauneuf Du Pape / Domaine La Roquette 1980
> 1 - Chateauneuf Du Pape / Domaine La Roquette 1981
> 2 - Chateauneuf Chauvin / Grand Cru Classe, Saint-Emillion 1986
> 2 - Chateau Mouton Baronne Philippe / Baron Phiippe-de Rothschild 1987
> 2 - Chateau Saint-Florin / Bordeaux 1989
> 3 - Chateau Marquis de Terme / GCC, Margaux 1981
> 1 - Chateau Le Bon Pasteur / Pomerol, Appellation Pomerol Controlee 1986
> 1 - Freemark Abbey / Cabernet Bosche 1983
>
> Any ideas?
>
> Thank you, C. S. Lyons
>

> "removethispart" to email me if needed

D. Gerasimatos

In article .net>,
Wine Mogel > wrote:
>I am selling my house of 29 years and would like to also sell off my
>wine I have kept in my wine cellar. It is just to much for me to keep
>and do not have an ideal location to store these wonderfull wines at my
>new home. They have been stored with love and I do not want them to go
>bad.
>

>Any ideas?

winebid.com

Dimitri

RV WRLee

Are these cases or bottles?

>2 - Chateauneuf Du Pape / Domaine Durteu 1990
>> 2- Chateau Lynch Bages / Grand Cru Classe, Pauillac 1990
>> 1- Chateau Lynch Bages / Grand Cru Classe, Pauillac 1989
>> 1- Chateau Lynch Bages / Grand Cru Classe, Pauillac 1988
>> 1- Chateau Lynch Bages / Grand Cru Classe, Pauillac 1984
>> 2- Chateau Bel-Air Lagrave / Cru Bourgeois, Moulis-En-Medoc 1983
>> 4- Chateau Boyd-Cantenac / Grand Cru Classe, Margaux 1984
>> 2 - Chateauneuf Du Pape / Domaine Roger Perrin 1986
>> 1 - Chateauneuf Du Pape / Domaine La Roquette 1980
>> 1 - Chateauneuf Du Pape / Domaine La Roquette 1981
>> 2 - Chateauneuf Chauvin / Grand Cru Classe, Saint-Emillion 1986
>> 2 - Chateau Mouton Baronne Philippe / Baron Phiippe-de Rothschild 1987
>> 2 - Chateau Saint-Florin / Bordeaux 1989
>> 3 - Chateau Marquis de Terme / GCC, Margaux 1981
>> 1 - Chateau Le Bon Pasteur / Pomerol, Appellation Pomerol Controlee 1986
>> 1 - Freemark Abbey / Cabernet Bosche 1983

Bi!!
Mark Lipton

dick wrote:

> where are you located?

Hartford, CT.

Mark Lipton

Wine Mogel

Mark,

Is there a reason why you feel you should answer the question directed
to me? I am located in Westport, CT. 79 miles from were Mr. Lipton has
put his thumb tack. Reading internet headers is old Mark.

Also to answer the case question. No... these are bottles not cases.

Thank you,
CSL

In article >, Mark Lipton
> wrote:

> dick wrote:
>
> > where are you located?
> >

> Hartford, CT.
>
> Mark Lipton

Wine Mogel

I am located in CT. USA

In article .net>,
Wine Mogel > wrote:

> I am selling my house of 29 years and would like to also sell off my
> wine I have kept in my wine cellar. It is just to much for me to keep
> and do not have an ideal location to store these wonderfull wines at my
> new home. They have been stored with love and I do not want them to go
> bad.
>
> Here is my list:
> 2 - Chateauneuf Du Pape / Domaine Durteu 1990
> 2- Chateau Lynch Bages / Grand Cru Classe, Pauillac 1990
> 1- Chateau Lynch Bages / Grand Cru Classe, Pauillac 1989
> 1- Chateau Lynch Bages / Grand Cru Classe, Pauillac 1988
> 1- Chateau Lynch Bages / Grand Cru Classe, Pauillac 1984
> 2- Chateau Bel-Air Lagrave / Cru Bourgeois, Moulis-En-Medoc 1983
> 4- Chateau Boyd-Cantenac / Grand Cru Classe, Margaux 1984
> 2 - Chateauneuf Du Pape / Domaine Roger Perrin 1986
> 1 - Chateauneuf Du Pape / Domaine La Roquette 1980
> 1 - Chateauneuf Du Pape / Domaine La Roquette 1981
> 2 - Chateauneuf Chauvin / Grand Cru Classe, Saint-Emillion 1986
> 2 - Chateau Mouton Baronne Philippe / Baron Phiippe-de Rothschild 1987
> 2 - Chateau Saint-Florin / Bordeaux 1989
> 3 - Chateau Marquis de Terme / GCC, Margaux 1981
> 1 - Chateau Le Bon Pasteur / Pomerol, Appellation Pomerol Controlee 1986
> 1 - Freemark Abbey / Cabernet Bosche 1983
>
> Any ideas?
>
> Thank you, C. S. Lyons
>

> "removethispart" to email me if needed

dick

If you were much closer I would have loved to take the Lynch Bages off your
hands. Sorry.

Also, I looked at your header...how does Mark L read the header and find
Connecticut. I could not find at all?

"Wine Mogel" > wrote in message
news:020320041539183365%Lyonsfamily@removethispart .att.net...
> I am selling my house of 29 years and would like to also sell off my
> wine I have kept in my wine cellar. It is just to much for me to keep
> and do not have an ideal location to store these wonderfull wines at my
> new home. They have been stored with love and I do not want them to go
> bad.
>
> Here is my list:
> 2 - Chateauneuf Du Pape / Domaine Durteu 1990
> 2- Chateau Lynch Bages / Grand Cru Classe, Pauillac 1990
> 1- Chateau Lynch Bages / Grand Cru Classe, Pauillac 1989
> 1- Chateau Lynch Bages / Grand Cru Classe, Pauillac 1988
> 1- Chateau Lynch Bages / Grand Cru Classe, Pauillac 1984
> 2- Chateau Bel-Air Lagrave / Cru Bourgeois, Moulis-En-Medoc 1983
> 4- Chateau Boyd-Cantenac / Grand Cru Classe, Margaux 1984
> 2 - Chateauneuf Du Pape / Domaine Roger Perrin 1986
> 1 - Chateauneuf Du Pape / Domaine La Roquette 1980
> 1 - Chateauneuf Du Pape / Domaine La Roquette 1981
> 2 - Chateauneuf Chauvin / Grand Cru Classe, Saint-Emillion 1986
> 2 - Chateau Mouton Baronne Philippe / Baron Phiippe-de Rothschild 1987
> 2 - Chateau Saint-Florin / Bordeaux 1989
> 3 - Chateau Marquis de Terme / GCC, Margaux 1981
> 1 - Chateau Le Bon Pasteur / Pomerol, Appellation Pomerol Controlee 1986
> 1 - Freemark Abbey / Cabernet Bosche 1983
>
> Any ideas?
>
> Thank you, C. S. Lyons
>

> "removethispart" to email me if needed

Xyzsch

>I am selling my house of 29 years and would like to also sell off my
>wine I have kept in my wine cellar. It is just to much for me to keep
>and do not have an ideal location to store these wonderfull wines at my
>new home. They have been stored with love and I do not want them to go
>bad.
>
>Here is my list:
>2 - Chateauneuf Du Pape / Domaine Durteu 1990
>2- Chateau Lynch Bages / Grand Cru Classe, Pauillac 1990
>1- Chateau Lynch Bages / Grand Cru Classe, Pauillac 1989
>1- Chateau Lynch Bages / Grand Cru Classe, Pauillac 1988
>1- Chateau Lynch Bages / Grand Cru Classe, Pauillac 1984
>2- Chateau Bel-Air Lagrave / Cru Bourgeois, Moulis-En-Medoc 1983
>4- Chateau Boyd-Cantenac / Grand Cru Classe, Margaux 1984
>2 - Chateauneuf Du Pape / Domaine Roger Perrin 1986
>1 - Chateauneuf Du Pape / Domaine La Roquette 1980
>1 - Chateauneuf Du Pape / Domaine La Roquette 1981
>2 - Chateauneuf Chauvin / Grand Cru Classe, Saint-Emillion 1986
>2 - Chateau Mouton Baronne Philippe / Baron Phiippe-de Rothschild 1987
>2 - Chateau Saint-Florin / Bordeaux 1989
>3 - Chateau Marquis de Terme / GCC, Margaux 1981
>1 - Chateau Le Bon Pasteur / Pomerol, Appellation Pomerol Controlee 1986
>1 - Freemark Abbey / Cabernet Bosche 1983
>
>Any ideas?
>
>Thank you, C. S. Lyons

At least half of these wines should be drunk immediately, if not sooner, eg,
all the 81, 83, 84, and 87 Bordeaux. Also, I suspect the 83 Freemark Abbey and
the 86 Le Bon Pasteur may be a little past their prime.

I don't know how much you drink wine, but this is not a very large collection.
Since much of this wine is becoming geriatric, you might consider locally
selling or auctioning the choice bottles (eg Lynch Bages and Chateauneuf du
Pape), and drinking the elderly wines (mentioned above). Or you might unload
the older wines with your local merchant if (s)he wants them.

If you drink a fair amount of wines with meals and parties, you could make a
dent in this collection on your own, or by throwing a party. Just don't expect
big money if you decide to sell the older wines, such as Boyd Cantenac 84,
Mouton Baron Philippe 87.

Tom Schellberg
Mark Lipton

dick wrote:

> Also, I looked at your header...how does Mark L read the header and find
> Connecticut. I could not find at all?

Dick,
Nothing magical here. I just resolved the IP number found in the
NNTP-Posting-Host header record. The host name in this case was quite
informative (91.hartford-20rh15-16rt.ct.dial-access.att.net). It doesn't
take a genius to figure out where that is likely to be located ;-) although
the OP seems to have been mortally offended that it was 80 miles off. Since
not all host names are so rich in geographic information, you can also use the
traceroute utility to follow the hops that the Internet takes in getting from
your computer to theirs: very often the names of the servers involved in the
intermediate hops will give you detailed information about their location,
which helps place the destination host. This may all seem arcane and
pointless, but is very useful when dealing with spammers (and took me all of
30 seconds in this case). Even if you don't know how to find those utilities
on your computer, you can use web-based versions:

http://www.samspade.org <------ often slow response
http://www.network-tools.com
http://www.visualroute.visualware.com

HTH
Mark Lipton

Max Hauser

Default Wizardry ( Any ideas besides Ebay ...)

I protest these revelations of location technique. Mark, you give away the
goodies for free, then how is a semi-honest wizard to make a living? ("...
The better to commune with the infinite," as the "little man" in the wagon
pattered, early in the film of _The Wonderful Wizard of Oz._)

It is useful (though might not fool a good wizard) to have plural, or even
several, Internet providers and email addresses, geographically diverse --
keeps 'em guessing on these new "WWW" interfaces. (An esteemed, highly
accomplished European-émigré co-worker once said, and he knew whereof he
spoke: "You can never have too many bank accounts, or too many passports."
Not the same immigrant I cited earlier on another newsgroup who said " ...
vreedom will zeeeease to exist," but another, from not far away.)

--
"The WWW world consists of documents, and links." -- Tim Berners-Lee,
WorldWideWeb: Summary. [Usenet's introduction to the idea of a "Web" of

"Mark Lipton" > wrote in message

> dick wrote:
>
> > Also, I looked at your header...how does Mark L read the header and find
> > Connecticut. I could not find at all?

> Dick,
> Nothing magical here. I just resolved the IP number found in the
> NNTP-Posting-Host header record. ... you can also use the
> traceroute utility ... Even if you don't know how to find those utilities

Mark Lipton

Max Hauser wrote:

> I protest these revelations of location technique. Mark, you give away the
> goodies for free, then how is a semi-honest wizard to make a living? ("...
> The better to commune with the infinite," as the "little man" in the wagon
> pattered, early in the film of _The Wonderful Wizard of Oz._)

LOL! Max, I haven't worn my wizard's hat for over a decade now, as I pursue
the brass ring here at Purdue. I'm sure that the point of my hat is drooping
now anyway. But I've always been one to point out what lies behind the
curtain, so I guess I'm an open source kinda wizard these days... ;-)

> It is useful (though might not fool a good wizard) to have plural, or even
> several, Internet providers and email addresses, geographically diverse --
> keeps 'em guessing on these new "WWW" interfaces. (An esteemed, highly
> accomplished European-émigré co-worker once said, and he knew whereof he
> spoke: "You can never have too many bank accounts, or too many passports."
> Not the same immigrant I cited earlier on another newsgroup who said " ...
> vreedom will zeeeease to exist," but another, from not far away.)

Certainly, there are several ways to evade the scrutiny of others on Usenet.
Commercial services like Altopia, Teranews and several others will strip all
revealing information from the headers. You can also post through the
remailer network, too, though that tends not to be so user-friendly. The less
ethical among us could also exploit SOCKS5 proxies or other gimmickry. One of
the nice aspects of this group, though, is that most of us post "out in the
open" so to speak, and little evasion is needed for the most part (except to
escape spammers, may they burn in hell for all eternity [or spend a weekend
watching 'American Idol' reruns]) Your co-worker's philosophy is an
interesting one, but hard to pursue (legally) for an American citizen.

Mark Lipton

Max Hauser

"Mark Lipton" in message ...

> Max Hauser wrote:
>
> >.... (An esteemed, highly accomplished European-émigré
> > co-worker once said, and he knew whereof he spoke: "You
> > can never have too many bank accounts, or too many passports."

> Your co-worker's philosophy is an
> interesting one, but hard to pursue (legally) for an American citizen.

The gentleman lived under a régime encouraging flexibility beyond the
motivations typically encountered in the US. (He has now, like many others,
contributed substantially to his adopted country and community.) I should
mention that today, more so than a few years ago, some nations do promote
dual-nationality options permitting passports. I know US citizens who have
done this with various nations. A certain number of people throughout the
world manage to obtain additional legal passports thus; how minutely they
satisfy the nominal requirements for doing so, I could not say.

Wine Mogel

Mark,

Yes I do take offence when someone answers a question that is directed
to me... and also is answered wrong.
Just as spam is unwanted and has no relevance so is answering another
persons question. So "Mortally offended"? No I have not died from your
interception of a question directed to me or the incorrectness.

So enough all ready,
CSL

In article >, Mark Lipton
> wrote:

> dick wrote:
>

> > Also, I looked at your header...how does Mark L read the header and find
> > Connecticut. I could not find at all?

> Dick,
> Nothing magical here. I just resolved the IP number found in the
> NNTP-Posting-Host header record. The host name in this case was quite
> informative (91.hartford-20rh15-16rt.ct.dial-access.att.net). It doesn't
> take a genius to figure out where that is likely to be located ;-) although
> the OP seems to have been mortally offended that it was 80 miles off. Since
> not all host names are so rich in geographic information, you can also use the
> traceroute utility to follow the hops that the Internet takes in getting from
> your computer to theirs: very often the names of the servers involved in the
> intermediate hops will give you detailed information about their location,
> which helps place the destination host. This may all seem arcane and
> pointless, but is very useful when dealing with spammers (and took me all of
> 30 seconds in this case). Even if you don't know how to find those utilities
> on your computer, you can use web-based versions:
>
> http://www.samspade.org <------ often slow response
> http://www.network-tools.com
> http://www.visualroute.visualware.com
>
> HTH
> Mark Lipton

Dan

I have found this site to be very good for selling from your personal cellar:
http://www.winecommune.com/

Dan

Ian Hoare

Salut/Hi Wine Mogel,

le/on Tue, 09 Mar 2004 17:28:05 GMT, tu disais/you said:-

>Mark,
>
>Yes I do take offence when someone answers a question that is directed
>to me...

Then I'm afraid you're in the wrong group. Mostly we're more tolerant.

> and also is answered wrong.

80 miles off in the whole world?

By the way, does the word "mogel" have any significance?

--
All the Best
Ian Hoare
Anders Tørneskog

"Ian Hoare" > wrote in message
> By the way, does the word "mogel" have any significance?

My English vocabulary is too limited, but in Swedish that would be "mold" -
OK, written "mögel", i.e. what you find in blue cheeses and in poor
cellars..
:-)
Anders

Wine Mogel

Can we stick to topic here girls? Making fun of people¹s newgroup
names? What are in grade school?

Yes I do take offence when someone answers a question that is directed
to me. One of those people wanted to know if they were close enough to
me that they could drive to my location. As it turned out I was close.

I would like to see this rampant out of order question answering you
speak of.

Study hall is over. Go back to class.
CSL

In article >, Wine Mogel > wrote:

> Mark,
>
> Yes I do take offence when someone answers a question that is directed
> to me... and also is answered wrong.
> Just as spam is unwanted and has no relevance so is answering another
> persons question. So "Mortally offended"? No I have not died from your
> interception of a question directed to me or the incorrectness.
>
> So enough all ready,
> CSL
>

> In article >, Mark Lipton
> > wrote:
>
> > dick wrote:
> >

> > > Also, I looked at your header...how does Mark L read the header and find
> > > Connecticut. I could not find at all?

> > Dick,
> > Nothing magical here. I just resolved the IP number found in the
> > NNTP-Posting-Host header record. The host name in this case was quite
> > informative (91.hartford-20rh15-16rt.ct.dial-access.att.net). It doesn't
> > take a genius to figure out where that is likely to be located ;-) although
> > the OP seems to have been mortally offended that it was 80 miles off. Since
> > not all host names are so rich in geographic information, you can also use
> > the
> > traceroute utility to follow the hops that the Internet takes in getting
> > from
> > your computer to theirs: very often the names of the servers involved in the
> > intermediate hops will give you detailed information about their location,
> > which helps place the destination host. This may all seem arcane and
> > pointless, but is very useful when dealing with spammers (and took me all of
> > 30 seconds in this case). Even if you don't know how to find those
> > utilities
> > on your computer, you can use web-based versions:
> >
> > http://www.samspade.org <------ often slow response
> > http://www.network-tools.com
> > http://www.visualroute.visualware.com
> >
> > HTH
> > Mark Lipton

Ian Hoare

Salut/Hi Wine Mogel,

le/on Thu, 11 Mar 2004 00:10:55 GMT, tu disais/you said:-

>Can we stick to topic here girls? Making fun of people¹s newgroup
>names? What are in grade school?

I asked a question, not making fun of anything.

>Yes I do take offence when someone answers a question that is directed
>to me.

Well you shouldn't. Writing to newsgroups is NOT a matter of private closed
conversations, it's like sticking up a message on the school playground
wall. Anyone can read it and comment on it.

I repeat, does your nom de plume have any significance?
--
All the Best
Ian Hoare
st.helier

Dear C.S.Lyons

It appears to me that the sooner you sell your stash, and get a few manners
the better.

You are the one who blundered into this newsgroup, seeking advise as to
where you could sell you wine, without giving any consideration that this is
an international group - and that one of the most important pieces of
information that you could have, and should have posted was your location,
simply out of respect to other contributors.

I am writing from New Zealand, there are others here from France, Britain,
Austria, the various countries of Scandinavia, not to mention Mbabane,
Swaziland; Reykjavik, Iceland and Woolloomooloo, Australia.

Further more, this is an open forum - you ask questions of everyone, and
any and everyone will answer - I consider the location posted, being
within 80 miles as being unbelievably accurate - in the context mentioned
that this is a world-wide forum.

And to "making fun" of your newsgroup name - huh???????

You were simply asked "Did it have any significance?"

Are you so sensitive that you don't want to discuss this - I mean *you*
chose your nom de plume - didn't you?

As to our going back to class - perhaps you should do so, to learn a few
manners.

Most serious contributors "lurk" for a while to get the feel of group, and
read the f.a.q. before blundering onward.

--

st.helier
(Return address fictitious as spamtrap)

JEP

"Anders Tørneskog" > wrote in message >...
> "Ian Hoare" > wrote in message
> > By the way, does the word "mogel" have any significance?
> >

> My English vocabulary is too limited, but in Swedish that would be "mold" -
> OK, written "mögel", i.e. what you find in blue cheeses and in poor
> cellars..
> :-)
> Anders

My guess would be he/she means mogul:

A very rich or powerful person; a magnate
A person of rank, power, influence, or distinction often in a
specified area.

Either way, I find him/her rather rude, especially since the first
time we hear from this person is to peddle his/her wares, no matter
how veiled the attempt.

Andy
RV WRLee

>Either way, I find him/her rather rude, especially since the first
>time we hear from this person is to peddle his/her wares, no matter
>how veiled the attempt.

I guess he felt that his privacy was somehow invaded. I did think it strange
that someone who has a moniker of wine mogul would ask where to sell wine
especially since he claimed that he was moving to a smaller place and couldn't
keep his wine. The list he posted was basically two cases some of which needed
to be drank soon. If one were in fact a wine mogul it seems that space could
be found in a closet, under the bed, etc for two cases of wine.
Bi!!
Kimmy Wager

I don't get it. He/she asked if anyone knew of a place to sell wines
other then Ebay. Look what you guys have done. Half the thread is made
up of putting the person down and moking. I would feel bothered also if
someone answered my personal questions.

Tom I agree with your overview of the wines. But I think the MBP 87
will fetch $60.00-$70.00 or so. It has some Rothschild blood.

Wine Mögel, email (if you are still reading this thread) if you have
not sold the Chateau Lynch Bages / Grand Cru Classe, Pauillac 1990.

L8tr,
Kim

P.S. I took 4 years of Latin. I am thinking you did also. Your name is
making a bit of a buzz or should i say thorn in a side of some people.

In article >, Xyzsch
> wrote:

> >I am selling my house of 29 years and would like to also sell off my
> >wine I have kept in my wine cellar. It is just to much for me to keep
> >and do not have an ideal location to store these wonderfull wines at my
> >new home. They have been stored with love and I do not want them to go
> >bad.
> >
> >Here is my list:
> >2 - Chateauneuf Du Pape / Domaine Durteu 1990
> >2- Chateau Lynch Bages / Grand Cru Classe, Pauillac 1990
> >1- Chateau Lynch Bages / Grand Cru Classe, Pauillac 1989
> >1- Chateau Lynch Bages / Grand Cru Classe, Pauillac 1988
> >1- Chateau Lynch Bages / Grand Cru Classe, Pauillac 1984
> >2- Chateau Bel-Air Lagrave / Cru Bourgeois, Moulis-En-Medoc 1983
> >4- Chateau Boyd-Cantenac / Grand Cru Classe, Margaux 1984
> >2 - Chateauneuf Du Pape / Domaine Roger Perrin 1986
> >1 - Chateauneuf Du Pape / Domaine La Roquette 1980
> >1 - Chateauneuf Du Pape / Domaine La Roquette 1981
> >2 - Chateauneuf Chauvin / Grand Cru Classe, Saint-Emillion 1986
> >2 - Chateau Mouton Baronne Philippe / Baron Phiippe-de Rothschild 1987
> >2 - Chateau Saint-Florin / Bordeaux 1989
> >3 - Chateau Marquis de Terme / GCC, Margaux 1981
> >1 - Chateau Le Bon Pasteur / Pomerol, Appellation Pomerol Controlee 1986
> >1 - Freemark Abbey / Cabernet Bosche 1983
> >
> >Any ideas?
> >
> >Thank you, C. S. Lyons

> At least half of these wines should be drunk immediately, if not sooner, eg,
> all the 81, 83, 84, and 87 Bordeaux. Also, I suspect the 83 Freemark Abbey and
> the 86 Le Bon Pasteur may be a little past their prime.
>
> I don't know how much you drink wine, but this is not a very large collection.
> Since much of this wine is becoming geriatric, you might consider locally
> selling or auctioning the choice bottles (eg Lynch Bages and Chateauneuf du
> Pape), and drinking the elderly wines (mentioned above). Or you might unload
> the older wines with your local merchant if (s)he wants them.
>
> If you drink a fair amount of wines with meals and parties, you could make a
> dent in this collection on your own, or by throwing a party. Just don't expect
> big money if you decide to sell the older wines, such as Boyd Cantenac 84,
> Mouton Baron Philippe 87.
>
> Tom Schellberg

Dale Williams

In article >, Kimmy Wager
> writes:

>om I agree with your overview of the wines. But I think the MBP 87
>will fetch $60.00-$70.00 or so. It has some Rothschild blood.

I seriously doubt it. Mouton Cadet has "rothschild blood", too.

W.H. Frank has had the Mouton Baronne Phillipe '87 on their list for $20 for a
while now, and it's not moving. People will take a chance on middling chateaux
in so-so years, and maybe even first-growths in poor years. But most '87s are
past it-along with '84 it's clearly the weakest Bdx vintages of the '80s- and I
doubt anything except firsts, superseconds, top Pomerols, and the St. Emilion
Premier Grand Cru Classe wines would get $50 in either vintage.

I personally didn't think there was anything especially rude there.

Dale

Dale Williams
Drop "damnspam" to reply