Old 02-03-2004, 08:39 PM
Wine Mogel

Default Any ideas besides Ebay for selling vintage wine? I have aobut 30.

I am selling my house of 29 years and would like to also sell off my
wine I have kept in my wine cellar. It is just to much for me to keep
and do not have an ideal location to store these wonderfull wines at my
new home. They have been stored with love and I do not want them to go
bad.

Here is my list:
2 - Chateauneuf Du Pape / Domaine Durteu 1990
2- Chateau Lynch Bages / Grand Cru Classe, Pauillac 1990
1- Chateau Lynch Bages / Grand Cru Classe, Pauillac 1989
1- Chateau Lynch Bages / Grand Cru Classe, Pauillac 1988
1- Chateau Lynch Bages / Grand Cru Classe, Pauillac 1984
2- Chateau Bel-Air Lagrave / Cru Bourgeois, Moulis-En-Medoc 1983
4- Chateau Boyd-Cantenac / Grand Cru Classe, Margaux 1984
2 - Chateauneuf Du Pape / Domaine Roger Perrin 1986
1 - Chateauneuf Du Pape / Domaine La Roquette 1980
1 - Chateauneuf Du Pape / Domaine La Roquette 1981
2 - Chateauneuf Chauvin / Grand Cru Classe, Saint-Emillion 1986
2 - Chateau Mouton Baronne Philippe / Baron Phiippe-de Rothschild 1987
2 - Chateau Saint-Florin / Bordeaux 1989
3 - Chateau Marquis de Terme / GCC, Margaux 1981
1 - Chateau Le Bon Pasteur / Pomerol, Appellation Pomerol Controlee 1986
1 - Freemark Abbey / Cabernet Bosche 1983

Any ideas?

Thank you, C. S. Lyons

"removethispart" to email me if needed

Old 02-03-2004, 09:44 PM
dick

where are you located?

news:020320041539183365%[email protected] .att.net...

Old 03-03-2004, 03:15 AM
Mark Lipton

dick wrote:

where are you located?

Hartford, CT.

Mark Lipton

Old 03-03-2004, 08:04 AM
Wine Mogel

Mark,

Is there a reason why you feel you should answer the question directed
to me? I am located in Westport, CT. 79 miles from were Mr. Lipton has
put his thumb tack. Reading internet headers is old Mark.

Also to answer the case question. No... these are bottles not cases.

Thank you,
CSL

In article , Mark Lipton
wrote:

dick wrote:

where are you located?

Hartford, CT.

Mark Lipton

Old 03-03-2004, 12:19 PM
dick

If you were much closer I would have loved to take the Lynch Bages off your
hands. Sorry.

Also, I looked at your header...how does Mark L read the header and find
Connecticut. I could not find at all?

Old 04-03-2004, 12:52 AM
Xyzsch

[...]

At least half of these wines should be drunk immediately, if not sooner, eg,
all the 81, 83, 84, and 87 Bordeaux. Also, I suspect the 83 Freemark Abbey and
the 86 Le Bon Pasteur may be a little past their prime.

I don't know how much you drink wine, but this is not a very large collection.
Since much of this wine is becoming geriatric, you might consider locally
selling or auctioning the choice bottles (eg Lynch Bages and Chateauneuf du
Pape), and drinking the elderly wines (mentioned above). Or you might unload
the older wines with your local merchant if (s)he wants them.

If you drink a fair amount of wines with meals and parties, you could make a
dent in this collection on your own, or by throwing a party. Just don't expect
big money if you decide to sell the older wines, such as Boyd Cantenac 84,
Mouton Baron Philippe 87.

Tom Schellberg
Old 05-03-2004, 04:46 PM
Mark Lipton

dick wrote:

Also, I looked at your header...how does Mark L read the header and find
Connecticut. I could not find at all?

Dick,
Nothing magical here. I just resolved the IP number found in the
NNTP-Posting-Host header record. The host name in this case was quite
informative (91.hartford-20rh15-16rt.ct.dial-access.att.net). It doesn't
take a genius to figure out where that is likely to be located ;-) although
the OP seems to have been mortally offended that it was 80 miles off. Since
not all host names are so rich in geographic information, you can also use the
traceroute utility to follow the hops that the Internet takes in getting from
your computer to theirs: very often the names of the servers involved in the
intermediate hops will give you detailed information about their location,
which helps place the destination host. This may all seem arcane and
pointless, but is very useful when dealing with spammers (and took me all of
30 seconds in this case). Even if you don't know how to find those utilities
on your computer, you can use web-based versions:

http://www.samspade.org ------ often slow response
http://www.network-tools.com
http://www.visualroute.visualware.com

HTH
Mark Lipton

Old 06-03-2004, 05:41 AM
Max Hauser

Default Wizardry ( Any ideas besides Ebay ...)

I protest these revelations of location technique. Mark, you give away the
goodies for free, then how is a semi-honest wizard to make a living? ("...
The better to commune with the infinite," as the "little man" in the wagon
pattered, early in the film of _The Wonderful Wizard of Oz._)

It is useful (though might not fool a good wizard) to have plural, or even
several, Internet providers and email addresses, geographically diverse --
keeps 'em guessing on these new "WWW" interfaces. (An esteemed, highly
accomplished European-émigré co-worker once said, and he knew whereof he
spoke: "You can never have too many bank accounts, or too many passports."
Not the same immigrant I cited earlier on another newsgroup who said " ...
vreedom will zeeeease to exist," but another, from not far away.)

--
"The WWW world consists of documents, and links." -- Tim Berners-Lee,
WorldWideWeb: Summary. [Usenet's introduction to the idea of a "Web" of

"Mark Lipton" wrote in message

dick wrote:

Also, I looked at your header...how does Mark L read the header and find
Connecticut. I could not find at all?

Dick,
Nothing magical here. I just resolved the IP number found in the
NNTP-Posting-Host header record. ... you can also use the
traceroute utility ... Even if you don't know how to find those utilities

Old 06-03-2004, 03:44 PM
Mark Lipton

Max Hauser wrote:

I protest these revelations of location technique. Mark, you give away the
goodies for free, then how is a semi-honest wizard to make a living? ("...
The better to commune with the infinite," as the "little man" in the wagon
pattered, early in the film of _The Wonderful Wizard of Oz._)

LOL! Max, I haven't worn my wizard's hat for over a decade now, as I pursue
the brass ring here at Purdue. I'm sure that the point of my hat is drooping
now anyway. But I've always been one to point out what lies behind the
curtain, so I guess I'm an open source kinda wizard these days... ;-)

It is useful (though might not fool a good wizard) to have plural, or even
several, Internet providers and email addresses, geographically diverse --
keeps 'em guessing on these new "WWW" interfaces. (An esteemed, highly
accomplished European-émigré co-worker once said, and he knew whereof he
spoke: "You can never have too many bank accounts, or too many passports."
Not the same immigrant I cited earlier on another newsgroup who said " ...
vreedom will zeeeease to exist," but another, from not far away.)

Certainly, there are several ways to evade the scrutiny of others on Usenet.
Commercial services like Altopia, Teranews and several others will strip all
revealing information from the headers. You can also post through the
remailer network, too, though that tends not to be so user-friendly. The less
ethical among us could also exploit SOCKS5 proxies or other gimmickry. One of
the nice aspects of this group, though, is that most of us post "out in the
open" so to speak, and little evasion is needed for the most part (except to
escape spammers, may they burn in hell for all eternity [or spend a weekend
watching 'American Idol' reruns]) Your co-worker's philosophy is an
interesting one, but hard to pursue (legally) for an American citizen.

Mark Lipton

Old 06-03-2004, 08:35 PM
Max Hauser

"Mark Lipton" in message ...

Max Hauser wrote:

.... (An esteemed, highly accomplished European-émigré
co-worker once said, and he knew whereof he spoke: "You
can never have too many bank accounts, or too many passports."

Your co-worker's philosophy is an
interesting one, but hard to pursue (legally) for an American citizen.

The gentleman lived under a régime encouraging flexibility beyond the
motivations typically encountered in the US. (He has now, like many others,
contributed substantially to his adopted country and community.) I should
mention that today, more so than a few years ago, some nations do promote
dual-nationality options permitting passports. I know US citizens who have
done this with various nations. A certain number of people throughout the
world manage to obtain additional legal passports thus; how minutely they
satisfy the nominal requirements for doing so, I could not say.

Old 09-03-2004, 05:28 PM
Wine Mogel

Mark,

Yes I do take offence when someone answers a question that is directed
to me... and also is answered wrong.
Just as spam is unwanted and has no relevance so is answering another
persons question. So "Mortally offended"? No I have not died from your
interception of a question directed to me or the incorrectness.

So enough all ready,
CSL

Old 10-03-2004, 02:46 AM
Dan

I have found this site to be very good for selling from your personal cellar:
http://www.winecommune.com/

Dan