mtani

Default Chartreuse V.E.P.

Does anyone know where I can purchase this product on the West Coast? I
prefer the Green over the Yellow type.
mt
pavane

"mtani" > wrote in message
> Does anyone know where I can purchase this product on the West Coast? I
> prefer the Green over the Yellow type.
> mt
> \

It is a standard cordial, just call your local liquor stores
until one says "yes."

mtani

All the liquor stores carry the regular Chartreuse but not the V.E.P.
(Vieillissement Exceptionnellement Prolonge')
Any help would be appreciated for the West Coast (i.e. Washington, B.C.
or Oregon)
mt

pavane wrote:

> "mtani" > wrote in message
>
>>Does anyone know where I can purchase this product on the West Coast? I
>>prefer the Green over the Yellow type.
>>mt
>>\

> It is a standard cordial, just call your local liquor stores
> until one says "yes."

Cwdjrx _

______________________________________

http://www.vintagewines.biz/vws/index.cfm

______________________________________

Just go to the above and put Chartreuse VEP in the search box. Vintage
Wines has it for US$ 110 per ltr bottle. This e-store is in a town close
to San Francisco. If you are in California, they probably can ship to
your door. You will have to check their policy if you are in Oregon or
Washington.

Chartreuse VEP comes in both yellow and green and is in limited
production and aged longer than regular yellow and green seen in many
stores. If you go to Google and put in Chartreuse liqueur, you will fnd
the Chartreuse site. The monks seem to be quite busy and make several
different spirits. They also make the Elixir at 71% or 142 US proof in
alcohol. There is also a 9th Centenary first released in 1984. In
addition they make Genepi liqueur, walnut liqueur, and fruit liqueurs.
In France they also distribute some other spirits made by others.

This order of monks has a long and colorful history. They were expelled
from France to Spain after the revolution and in the early 1900s. Thus
some Chartreuse has been made in Spain as well as France.

Mont Rachet

Thanks very much for the lead on finding this spirit. I plan to be in S.F.
in May so will try to have it delivered to where I'm staying. The history is
also very interesting.
mt