Jon

Default send wine from Europe to US - licensed wine importer ?

I have a question regarding sending wine from Europe to California -
in my case a wedding present. This subject has already been treated in
this newsgroup, but I couldn't find any clear answer to my questions.

So I have this case of 12 bottles that I would like to be delivered in
California. No shipping company in Europe would accept the parcel,
unless it is sent to a "licensed wine importer". This wine will not be
re-sold, but of course, my friend has not such a license.

Does anyone know how to solve this problem out? Could the wine be sent
to a wine shop that has such license? And in that case, how could I
find such shop in the USA?

Any help / suggestion would be greatly appreciated.

Jon