Viv

Default Selling wine

Please could anyone give me advice on how to sell 18 bottles of wine which
were bought as an investment for my son when he was born? He is now 21 and
we don't have a clue how to realise the investment for him. How do we get it
valued? Who can we trust to be straight with us? etc etc

Thanks in anticipation.

Viv

StocksRus®

"Viv" > wrote in
:

> Please could anyone give me advice on how to sell 18 bottles of wine
> which were bought as an investment for my son when he was born? He is
> now 21 and we don't have a clue how to realise the investment for him.
> How do we get it valued? Who can we trust to be straight with us? etc
> etc
>
> Thanks in anticipation.
>
> Viv

First...what are they?

--
StocksRus®

Bromo

What wines do you have?

On 2/15/04 1:53 PM, in article
, "Viv"
> wrote:

> Please could anyone give me advice on how to sell 18 bottles of wine which
> were bought as an investment for my son when he was born? He is now 21 and
> we don't have a clue how to realise the investment for him. How do we get it
> valued? Who can we trust to be straight with us? etc etc
>
> Thanks in anticipation.
>
> Viv

Ian Hoare

Salut/Hi Viv,

le/on Sun, 15 Feb 2004 18:53:39 -0000, tu disais/you said:-

>Please could anyone give me advice on how to sell 18 bottles of wine which
>were bought as an investment for my son when he was born? He is now 21 and
>we don't have a clue how to realise the investment for him.

Would it be impertinent to suggest that you give him the wine, and let him
decide what to do with it?

If this doesn't appeal, and/or he wants you to sell on his behalf, then I
suggest Christies. I've found them honest and experienced.

--
All the Best
Ian Hoare
Dana Myers

Viv wrote:
> Please could anyone give me advice on how to sell 18 bottles of wine which
> were bought as an investment for my son when he was born? He is now 21 and
> we don't have a clue how to realise the investment for him.

Who advised you on this very risky investment 21 years
ago? That's the first place I'd start.

Dana

Michael Bartlett

How have these wines been stored? If they haven't been cellared correctly,
then its highly likely that you have 18 bottles of good vinegar!

"Viv" > wrote in message
> Please could anyone give me advice on how to sell 18 bottles of wine which
> were bought as an investment for my son when he was born? He is now 21 and
> we don't have a clue how to realise the investment for him. How do we get

it
> valued? Who can we trust to be straight with us? etc etc
>
> Thanks in anticipation.
>
> Viv

Viv

Thanks for all the responses. I can't query the original investment as they
were bought by a relative who has since passed away. He took advice though,
I gather. They have been stored in a cellar, and not moved. They are Chateau
Cissac Haut medoc 1982.

Any suggestions where to start would be appreciated.

"Michael Bartlett" > wrote in message
> How have these wines been stored? If they haven't been cellared correctly,
> then its highly likely that you have 18 bottles of good vinegar!
>
> "Viv" > wrote in message
> > Please could anyone give me advice on how to sell 18 bottles of wine

which
> > were bought as an investment for my son when he was born? He is now 21

and
> > we don't have a clue how to realise the investment for him. How do we

get
> it
> > valued? Who can we trust to be straight with us? etc etc
> >
> > Thanks in anticipation.
> >
> > Viv

George Cutshaw

"Viv" > wrote in message
> Thanks for all the responses. I can't query the original investment as

they
> were bought by a relative who has since passed away. He took advice

though,
> I gather. They have been stored in a cellar, and not moved. They are

Chateau
> Cissac Haut medoc 1982.

Well, 1982 was a great vintage and if stored properly the wines do have
*some* value, but probably not more than $50 (U.S.) per bottle (although I
could be wrong). This is a Cru Bourgeois that, according to Parker, ages
fairly well and is "especially popular" in England. However, even the 1982s
may be fully mature or declining. I have never tasted this wine.

Too bad the original investment advisor didn't recommend a 1982 first-growth
or other top-flight 1982 (e.g., Pichon Lalande or Leoville Las Cases).
Those wines increased in value tremendously.

> Any suggestions where to start would be appreciated.
>

> "Michael Bartlett" > wrote in message
> > How have these wines been stored? If they haven't been cellared

correctly,
> > then its highly likely that you have 18 bottles of good vinegar!
> >
> > "Viv" > wrote in message
> > > Please could anyone give me advice on how to sell 18 bottles of wine

> which
> > > were bought as an investment for my son when he was born? He is now 21

> and
> > > we don't have a clue how to realise the investment for him. How do we

> get
> > it
> > > valued? Who can we trust to be straight with us? etc etc
> > >
> > > Thanks in anticipation.
> > >
> > > Viv

Dale Williams

In article >, "George Cutshaw"
> writes:

>Well, 1982 was a great vintage and if stored properly the wines do have
>*some* value, but probably not more than $50 (U.S.) per bottle (although I
>could be wrong). This is a Cru Bourgeois that, according to Parker, ages
>fairly well and is "especially popular" in England. However, even the 1982s
>may be fully mature or declining

I'd agree with this. Most '82 Cru Bourgeois seem to be declining. '82 Potensac
is tasty, but showing age. I'd guess a fair market value of closer to $30,
assuming you can show good storage.
Dale

Dale Williams
Drop "damnspam" to reply
Dale Williams

In article >, "George Cutshaw"
> writes:

>Well, 1982 was a great vintage and if stored properly the wines do have
>*some* value, but probably not more than $50 (U.S.) per bottle (although I
>could be wrong). This is a Cru Bourgeois that, according to Parker, ages
>fairly well and is "especially popular" in England. However, even the 1982s
>may be fully mature or declining

I'd agree with this. Most '82 Cru Bourgeois seem to be declining. '82 Potensac
is tasty, but showing age. I'd guess a fair market value of closer to $30,
assuming you can show good storage.
Dale

Dale Williams
Drop "damnspam" to reply

Dale Williams

In article >, "George Cutshaw"
> writes:

>Well, 1982 was a great vintage and if stored properly the wines do have
>*some* value, but probably not more than $50 (U.S.) per bottle (although I
>could be wrong). This is a Cru Bourgeois that, according to Parker, ages
>fairly well and is "especially popular" in England. However, even the 1982s
>may be fully mature or declining

I'd agree with this. Most '82 Cru Bourgeois seem to be declining. '82 Potensac
is tasty, but showing age. I'd guess a fair market value of closer to $30,
assuming you can show good storage.
Dale

Dale Williams
Drop "damnspam" to reply
Dale Williams

In article >, "George Cutshaw"
> writes:

>Well, 1982 was a great vintage and if stored properly the wines do have
>*some* value, but probably not more than $50 (U.S.) per bottle (although I
>could be wrong). This is a Cru Bourgeois that, according to Parker, ages
>fairly well and is "especially popular" in England. However, even the 1982s
>may be fully mature or declining

I'd agree with this. Most '82 Cru Bourgeois seem to be declining. '82 Potensac
is tasty, but showing age. I'd guess a fair market value of closer to $30,
assuming you can show good storage.
Dale

Dale Williams
Drop "damnspam" to reply
Vilco [out]

Dale Williams wrote:

> Dale Williams
> Drop "damnspam" to reply

Methinks you should not allow your cat/s to
walk on the keyboard and repeat send-post...

Vilco

Dale Williams

In article >, "Vilco [out]" > writes:

>Methinks you should not allow your cat/s to
>walk on the keyboard and repeat send-post...

My apologies. Have no cat, only a Basset Hound (who thankfully doesn't walk on
keyboard, she has large paws). I was using an offline newsreader, which
apparently wasn't able to confirm send, so re-sent post each time I went
online. My apologies to everyone!
Dale

Dale Williams
Drop "damnspam" to reply
Anders Tørneskog

"Viv" > wrote in message
> Thanks for all the responses. I can't query the original investment as

they
> were bought by a relative who has since passed away. He took advice

though,
> I gather. They have been stored in a cellar, and not moved. They are

Chateau
> Cissac Haut medoc 1982.

A well reputed minor chateau. Going price should be around 50USD a bottle.
I suggest you drink and enjoy.
Anders

Vilco [out]

Dale Williams wrote:

> My apologies to everyone!

And my apologies to you, for having
forgot smiles in my post

Vilco

KimBo

To answer the question... Ebay.

I am going to be selling some Chateauneuf DuPape(1990) there this
weekend.

In article >, Viv
> wrote:

> Please could anyone give me advice on how to sell 18 bottles of wine which
> were bought as an investment for my son when he was born? He is now 21 and
> we don't have a clue how to realise the investment for him. How do we get it
> valued? Who can we trust to be straight with us? etc etc
>
> Thanks in anticipation.
>
> Viv

Selling wine on consigment in the SF Bay Area? Kent[_5_] Wine 1 26-03-2012 03:22 AM
Direct selling of wine? graham Wine 0 06-08-2010 12:44 AM
Fees for selling wine? james Winemaking 4 16-08-2004 04:55 PM
Any ideas besides Ebay for selling vintage wine? Wine Mogel II Winemaking 1 03-03-2004 02:44 AM
Selling Wine Nic Smith \(Developers\) Winemaking 14 31-10-2003 09:41 PM