Sojourner

Default 2002 Burgundies

Have anyone yet tasted and/or purchased any of the 2002 Burgundies? I
bought a few everday ones in December and am planning to go on a
tasting/buying expedition in the next few weeks.

Sojourner

Remove the blockage in my address if you wish to reply by e-mail

Ian Hoare

Salut/Hi Sojourner,

le/on Thu, 05 Feb 2004 00:19:07 +0000, tu disais/you said:-

>Have anyone yet tasted and/or purchased any of the 2002 Burgundies?

Yup, Sylvie Esmonin brought a sample bottle of her Clos St Jacques to
Oullins a week ago.I thought it was brilliant and ordered a dozen (at the
high price, for me of ‚¬36 a bottle), for collection in Jne when it's
bottled.

>bought a few everday ones in December and am planning to go on a
>tasting/buying expedition in the next few weeks.

You may find that the better ones aren't in bottle yet. But at least you
should be able to taste and order.

--
All the Best
Ian Hoare
John Taverner

> >Have anyone yet tasted and/or purchased any of the 2002 Burgundies?

FT next Saturday has Jancis looking at the vintage,

JT

Dale Williams

As Ian said, better reds are just going in bottle now. The buzz is they're very
good, but I don't know anything firsthand.

I've only tasted a few Cote d'Or whites (generic Bourgognes mostly). Seems like
a reasonably strong vintage. I have tasted quite a few Chablis, however.
Savary, Picq, Brocard all seemed to show very well. As prices on the Chablis
seem stable despite dollar's weakness, that's where most of my '02 Burg money
will likely go.

Dale

Dale Williams
Drop "damnspam" to reply