FoodBanter.com

-   -   TN: 3 nice, fairly inexpensive wines (https://www.foodbanter.com/wine/23516-re-tn-3-nice.html)

Rank Amateur 21-01-2004 08:41 PM

Dale Williams wrote:

> 2002 Ch. d'Oupia Minervois (Languedoc-Roussillon)was a nice ripe medium-bodied
> wine. Nose of black fruit and olives, herbs and blackberry on the palate. Gets
> a little floral note after some air. Pretty good dose of tannins here, this
> could probably use a couple of years. But nice now. B/B+

Dale, thanks for the great notes. Can I ask if you found this in NYC?
It's one of those that I keep in the back of my mind but never see at
Astor or my neighborhood shops.

TIA,

-- kov

Dale Williams 22-01-2004 04:06 AM

TN: 3 nice, fairly inexpensive wines

>2002 Ch. d'Oupia Minervois (Languedoc-Roussillon)

Can I ask if you found this in NYC?
>It's one of those that I keep in the back of my mind but never see at
>Astor or my neighborhood shops.

Yes, I got it at Chambers St. Wines (my fave NYC shop, probably) for about
$8-9. Also worth trying is this wine's big brother (Oupia "Barons" Minvervois)
at $14 or so and little sister ( €śLes Heretiques€ť VdP l'Herault) at $7 or
less.

And by the way, I neglected vintage on the Chianti- 2001.

Thanks for reading.

Dale

Dale Williams
Drop "damnspam" to reply