Default Did I once have a "Chocolate" flavored wine??

About 10 years ago I had tasted a red wine at a restaraunt and it had sort
of a "chocolaty" flavor or aftertaste, which I found quite appealing....I
hadn't been eating chocolate, and I know for sure it was the wine that gave
me this pleasant flavor....
Any ideas as to what I may have been drinking?? I am relatively
inexperienced, like Merlots and Grenache....but that "chocolaty" flavor
would be a real treat again.....
Any thoughts??

thanx in advance

Lawrence Leichtman

In article >,
> wrote:

> About 10 years ago I had tasted a red wine at a restaraunt and it had sort
> of a "chocolaty" flavor or aftertaste, which I found quite appealing....I
> hadn't been eating chocolate, and I know for sure it was the wine that gave
> me this pleasant flavor....
> Any ideas as to what I may have been drinking?? I am relatively
> inexperienced, like Merlots and Grenache....but that "chocolaty" flavor
> would be a real treat again.....
> Any thoughts??
>
> thanx in advance

Rosenblum of Healdsburg makes a chocolate Port.
Dana Myers

Lawrence Leichtman wrote:

> Rosenblum of Healdsburg makes a chocolate Port.

Hmmm... isn't Rosenblum really in the wilds of
Alameda, that's a tasting room - the winery
equivalent of an outlet store - in the urban
sprawl of Healdsburg?

Dana
Lawrence Leichtman

In article <4013761e$1@wobble>, Dana Myers > wrote:

> Lawrence Leichtman wrote:
>

> > Rosenblum of Healdsburg makes a chocolate Port.

> Hmmm... isn't Rosenblum really in the wilds of
> Alameda, that's a tasting room - the winery
> equivalent of an outlet store - in the urban
> sprawl of Healdsburg?
>
> Dana

True, true but you never get to the vineyard and I'm not sure from what
vineyard their chocolate port comes.

my little chocolate flavored snackie Bryan[_6_] General Cooking 14 13-01-2012 05:09 AM
Chocolate-flavored donut glaze Robert[_13_] General Cooking 2 02-12-2010 03:49 PM
NZ choclatier claims meat-flavored chocolate a hit with men Mark Thorson Chocolate 0 16-09-2009 10:31 PM
Chocolate flavored vodka? Ian General 5 29-07-2004 01:54 PM
Did I once have a "Chocolate" flavored wine?? BFSON Wine 10 14-01-2004 11:40 PM