Kirk-O-Scottland

Default 1999 Dom. Lamy Pillot Saint Aubin 1st Cru Les Castets

I handled a traffic ticket for a friend and knowing my love of wine, he
presented me with this selection as payment (I refused to charge him my
normal fee thus the wine as remuneration). I bet it's a great Burgundy but
can't find much info on it.... any assistance?

Kirk-O-Scottland > wrote:
: I handled a traffic ticket for a friend and knowing my love of wine, he
: presented me with this selection as payment (I refused to charge him my
: normal fee thus the wine as remuneration). I bet it's a great Burgundy but
: can't find much info on it.... any assistance?

Kirk, you got a decent bottle for payment! I am not familiar with Castets,
but the producer makes luscious white burgundies, more equivalent to
Puligny's or Mersault's in quality than to other outlying wines of the
Macon. Had a bottle of one of his vineyard sites late last year and it is
drinking well right now, could probably age for another 2-3 years, beyond
that I wouldn;t want to gamble as this is not Chablis (of course, many
Chablis are not Chablis these days either, but I digress)

Mark S

Randall & Aubin randallzz Restaurants 1 16-04-2012 03:41 PM
Saint Joan of Arc 1-25-96 [email protected] Baking 0 27-05-2010 08:19 PM
TN: St. Julien, St Aubin, Saintsbury, and Piocho (not a Saint) DaleW Wine 3 14-05-2007 10:40 PM
TN: 'Les Charmois' 1999 Saint-Aubin 1er Cru Peter Muto Wine 0 13-03-2004 08:27 PM
TN: wines with NYT recipes (St. Aubin, St. Innocent, Hugel) Dale Williams Wine 0 07-02-2004 02:22 AM