Default recent notes

Hopefully not re-posted...

Late to get these here, but better late than never. It seems easier to
batch these, than to post indivdually:

Chateau Beausejour Duffau, Saint-Emilion, 1993

Medium claret red with some thinning; Blackcurrants, plums, with
refreshing light red currants
followed by a light morelo cherry finish. Wood or tannins not much in
evidence in this 10-year old. A nice luncheon claret. On the second day, a
smoky-camphor element is present in both the nose and body that wasn't
there yesterday. B / 87

Gallet, Cote Rotie, 2000

Light cranberry red; Supple plums and red fruit aromas, with smoke and
fennel coming out later;
Lightish cherry-plum flavors with a dollop of spice and a light floral
finish. Nice and pleasant, I would drink this by 2008 because, to me, the
stuffing is not there. B+ / 87-88

Carlisle, Russian River Valley, "Two Acres", 2000

Plum-ruby red color; At first, nothing, but then berries emerge on
the nose; At first, the 15%
alcohol is barely perceptable, but this becomes more bothersome (and
detectable) with airing.
Effortless to drink, with cinnamon-plum-funk that finishes toward a bitter
rubber/tar flavor, giving a swet-bitter dimension to the bottle. Not at
all complex, I would drink within 2 years to enjoy the
easygoing nature of this high alcohol beast. B+ / 88

Thierry-Violot Guillemard, Pommard, Clos Blanc, 1996

Orange rind in the glass; Flowery, earthy, stawberry and cherry
aromas; Pleasant tastes of slightly rotten strawberries left out in a
sunny field for the gleaners. Plenty of spice in the background, along
with lively acidity and a firm backing, suggesting I might have opened
this early
for the purist, but this is drinking very well right now. B+ / 89

Francois Mikulski, Mersault, Poruzots, 1999

Yeasty buttered hazlenuts on the nose, with lemony bread dough and a
toasty apple finish.
Moderate wood that becomes more so on the second day, and too much for my
tastes. Still,
well-made for the style. B+ / 88

Mark S

[LONG] Recent and not-so-recent wines Mark Lipton[_1_] Wine 9 17-01-2014 10:28 PM
3 recent notes Markus Wine 4 23-10-2004 05:55 AM
Recent notes Wine 0 30-07-2004 04:44 PM
Recent TN's Wine 2 17-06-2004 09:59 PM
More recent notes.... Wine 4 16-11-2003 04:49 AM