Erik Hornung

Default tasting notes?

Like I said in an earlier post, I picked up a couple bottles of pinot noir.
I also snuck a couple other bottles in my basket, and was wondering if
anyone had any notes on these two and how long they should be cellared for
if need be:

1. Penfolds Bin 407, Cabernet Sauvignon Vintage 2000.

2. Chateau Clos de la Tour, Bordeaux Merlot-Cabernet Sauvignon 2001

Cheers!

Erik

Ed Rasimus

On Thu, 08 Jan 2004 01:47:18 GMT, "Erik Hornung"
> wrote:

>Like I said in an earlier post, I picked up a couple bottles of pinot noir.
>I also snuck a couple other bottles in my basket, and was wondering if
>anyone had any notes on these two and how long they should be cellared for
>if need be:
>
>1. Penfolds Bin 407, Cabernet Sauvignon Vintage 2000.
>
>2. Chateau Clos de la Tour, Bordeaux Merlot-Cabernet Sauvignon 2001

You may find someone in this eclectic group with TNs for specific
wines (the Bin 407 is pretty widely available for instance), but you
might consider equipping yourself with a broader notes tool. Wine
Spectator (please out there in the cheap seats, hold your derisive
sneers), offers lots of TNs in the Wine Search area for free and
probably ten times more with a subscription.
http://www.winespectator.com/Wine/Home/

Or, my tool of choice is my cellar software, Cellar!, which provides
an online link to a huge database of TNs. Enter a wine in the software
then click tools and Cellar! Online and it will connect and search
returning a list of specific notes, as well as a listing of vertical
notes and similar wineries. You almost always get an answer. Some are
professional and some are amateur but you always get info.
http://www.cellarwinesoftware.com/

Ed Rasimus
Fighter Pilot (USAF-Ret)
"When Thunder Rolled"
Smithsonian Institution Press
ISBN #1-58834-103-8

Bordeaux Tasting Notes Bill S. Wine 1 12-07-2009 10:22 AM
tasting notes? xenophobe Wine 0 09-03-2005 03:15 AM
Tasting Notes--First Posting Bill Hogsett Wine 21 10-01-2005 02:33 PM
Vintage Beer Tasting (no tasting notes, tho') [email protected] Beer 0 04-11-2004 07:21 PM
Blind Tasting Notes Bill Spohn Wine 1 10-11-2003 06:09 PM