JMS

Default American in heidelberg germany! Wine discoveries!

I have just moved to Heidelberg and I am amazed at the low prices of
the German wines! Wines that I can find in the USA for over $30 sell
here for 9 euro. I have alwalys loved eiswein and late harvest wines.
I can get VERY good Beerenauslese for 6 euro and good eiswine for 9
euro. The most amazing thing I have seen is a TrockenBeerenauslese for
18 euro. Not to mention the great prices on auslese, with "famous
names" or not.

Moving to Germany has allowed me to try many wines without going
broke!
Anders Tørneskog

"JMS" > wrote in message
om...
> I have just moved to Heidelberg and I am amazed at the low prices of
> the German wines! Wines that I can find in the USA for over $30 sell
> here for 9 euro. I have alwalys loved eiswein and late harvest wines.
> I can get VERY good Beerenauslese for 6 euro and good eiswine for 9
> euro. The most amazing thing I have seen is a TrockenBeerenauslese for
> 18 euro. Not to mention the great prices on auslese, with "famous
> names" or not.
>
> Moving to Germany has allowed me to try many wines without going
> broke!

Probably true, but the good stuff is more like 30-60 Euro (and they may well
cost double that in the US)
Anders

JMS

"Anders Tørneskog" > wrote in message >...
> "JMS" > wrote in message
> om...
> > I have just moved to Heidelberg and I am amazed at the low prices of
> > the German wines! Wines that I can find in the USA for over $30 sell
> > here for 9 euro. I have alwalys loved eiswein and late harvest wines.
> > I can get VERY good Beerenauslese for 6 euro and good eiswine for 9
> > euro. The most amazing thing I have seen is a TrockenBeerenauslese for
> > 18 euro. Not to mention the great prices on auslese, with "famous
> > names" or not.
> >
> > Moving to Germany has allowed me to try many wines without going
> > broke!

> Probably true, but the good stuff is more like 30-60 Euro (and they may well
> cost double that in the US)
> Anders

I don't even mind paying 60 euro for an excellent T.B.A or eiswein,
especially when I get to go to the source to get it.

Pewter wine goblets from Germany Bobw Winemaking 0 08-01-2008 07:39 AM
wine price in Germany roby Wine 0 14-07-2006 06:36 PM
T.Schmits Söhne Wine from 1940 (Germany) Wiggums Wine 5 17-10-2005 05:20 PM
Heidelberg Meatloaf Lucky Recipes (moderated) 0 12-09-2005 03:35 AM
Where can I purchase Argentinian wine from Familia Zuccardi in Germany? Naso Wine 0 02-10-2003 04:26 PM