FoodBanter.com

-   -   Dom box in Eurocave? (https://www.foodbanter.com/wine/23332-dom-box-eurocave.html)

Ken K. 24-12-2003 06:59 AM

Dom box in Eurocave?

I just bought a bottle of the 1995 Dom. It comes in a nice box. At $99 USD
a bottle, I couldn't pass it up! Anyway, is it okay to keep the bottle
sealed in the box in my Eurocave Duo or should I take it out? Will the box
have any harmful effects on the Dom or any other bottles in there with it?
Thanks. Happy holidays, everyone!

--
Ken

I'M TIRED OF SPAM! Remove what you must to e-mail me!

Robert Gordon 24-12-2003 11:14 PM

Dom box in Eurocave?

"Ken K." > wrote in message
> I just bought a bottle of the 1995 Dom. It comes in a nice box. At $99

USD
> a bottle, I couldn't pass it up! Anyway, is it okay to keep the bottle
> sealed in the box in my Eurocave Duo or should I take it out? Will the

box
> have any harmful effects on the Dom or any other bottles in there with it?
> Thanks. Happy holidays, everyone!
>
> --
> Ken

Cardboard will just deteriorate in the humidity.

Emery Davis 27-12-2003 12:04 AM

Dom box in Eurocave?

On Wed, 24 Dec 2003 06:59:00 GMT, "Ken K." > said:

] I just bought a bottle of the 1995 Dom. It comes in a nice box. At $99 USD
] a bottle, I couldn't pass it up! Anyway, is it okay to keep the bottle
] sealed in the box in my Eurocave Duo or should I take it out? Will the box
] have any harmful effects on the Dom or any other bottles in there with it?
] Thanks. Happy holidays, everyone!
]

Hi Ken,

Actually these boxes are pretty sturdy. I've kept several in *very* humid
conditions (standard boxes melt within months) with no appreciable
degradation. I can't imagine there would be an effect on your other
juice, either.

HTH

-E

--
Emery Davis
You can reply to

Ken K. 28-12-2003 07:11 AM

Dom box in Eurocave?

"Emery Davis" > wrote:
| ] I just bought a bottle of the 1995 Dom. It comes in a nice box. At $99
USD
| ] a bottle, I couldn't pass it up! Anyway, is it okay to keep the bottle
| ] sealed in the box in my Eurocave Duo or should I take it out? Will the
box
| ] have any harmful effects on the Dom or any other bottles in there with
it?
| ] Thanks. Happy holidays, everyone!
|
| Hi Ken,
|
| Actually these boxes are pretty sturdy. I've kept several in *very* humid
| conditions (standard boxes melt within months) with no appreciable
| degradation. I can't imagine there would be an effect on your other
| juice, either.

I'm gonna leave it in there. The box does seem very sturdy to me--that's
why I asked the question. Time will tell, I guess. Thanks for your input.

D. Gerasimatos 28-12-2003 06:55 PM

Dom box in Eurocave?

In article >,
Ken K. > wrote:

>I'm gonna leave it in there. The box does seem very sturdy to me--that's
>why I asked the question. Time will tell, I guess. Thanks for your input.

FWIW, I've always seen it stored in the box. This is probably a matter of
convenience. If the box breaks down - so what?

Dimitri