FoodBanter.com

-   -   1989 Chateau Decluzeau Medoc & Freemark Abbey 1996 Cab-Any information? (https://www.foodbanter.com/wine/23260-1989-chateau-decluzeau-medoc.html)

JimKaz 14-12-2003 03:07 PM

1989 Chateau Decluzeau Medoc & Freemark Abbey 1996 Cab-Any information?

I've recently found a couple of bottles of wine:
1989 Chateau Ducluzeau Listrac-Medoc &
1996 Freemark Abbey, Cabernet Sauvignon.
I'm pretty much a neophyte when it comes to wine, and was wondering if
anyone can tell me anything about the two bottles of wine that I,
literally, stumbled across. Thank you.

JimKaz 15-12-2003 02:07 PM

(JimKaz) wrote in message . com>...
> I've recently found a couple of bottles of wine:
> 1989 Chateau Ducluzeau Listrac-Medoc &
> 1996 Freemark Abbey, Cabernet Sauvignon.
> I'm pretty much a neophyte when it comes to wine, and was wondering if
> anyone can tell me anything about the two bottles of wine that I,
> literally, stumbled across. Thank you.

A bump...

Dale Williams 15-12-2003 03:24 PM

1989 Chateau Decluzeau Medoc & Freemark Abbey 1996 Cab-Any information?

In article >,
(JimKaz) writes:

>1989 Chateau Ducluzeau Listrac-Medoc &
>> 1996 Freemark Abbey, Cabernet Sauvignon.

Don't know Ducluzeau, but most Listrac '89s (Listrac is a commune in the Medoc)
are ready, I've had Clarke and one of the Fourcas ones I think, both mature.

Freemark Abbey has a lot of detractors, but I have found them to be a good
producer. Don't think I've had the '96, but based on general maturation of '96
Napa cabs, would think it would be entering its drinking window, but will last
for another 5 easily. The Bosche is the one that is intended for long-aging,
but to me the Freemark Abbey Napa is the better value (I see I paid $27 for the
'97).
Dale

Dale Williams
Drop "damnspam" to reply