Ken Overton

Default I've seen wine clubs, what about Sake clubs?

We have friends who love sake and thought it would be a nice gift to
give them a sake-a-month kind of thing. Google does not seem to be
turning any up on the net, though. Does anybody know of any?

thanks,

-- kov

Anders Tørneskog

"Ken Overton" > wrote in message
.. .

> We have friends who love sake and thought it would be a nice gift to
> give them a sake-a-month kind of thing. Google does not seem to be
> turning any up on the net, though. Does anybody know of any?

Are there that many different sakes?
Anders

Mark Lipton

"Anders Tørneskog" wrote:

> "Ken Overton" > wrote in message
> .. .
> >
> > We have friends who love sake and thought it would be a nice gift to
> > give them a sake-a-month kind of thing. Google does not seem to be
> > turning any up on the net, though. Does anybody know of any?
> >

> Are there that many different sakes?

Absolutely, Anders. The variations are in type of rice used, region of
production and amount of aging received -- kinda like wine, when you
think upon it. One thing that comes as a shock to many Americans (I
have no idea what the European conception of sake may be) is that the
highest quality sakes are almost universally drunk chilled, not heated.
Outside of Japan, however, it is hard to find a wide variety of sakes,
unless you're in a city with a substantial population of Japanese
expats. As for a sake club, alas I have no idea...

Mark Lipton

Wine clubs? SuperStarAD Wine 0 16-04-2006 06:31 AM
wine clubs [email protected] Wine 1 18-02-2006 12:17 AM
wine clubs dubiousraves General 0 07-06-2005 07:52 PM
Wine Clubs MikeD Wine 7 20-03-2005 03:23 AM
?? wine clubs Norman Irvine Wine 0 27-01-2005 12:31 AM