Dennis Russo

Default 1966 Sandeman Vintage Port

As a thank you present for being best man and also a christmas
present, my brother and sister-in-law have very graciously given me a
bottle of 1966 Sandeman Vintage port. Can anyone offer advice on this
particular bottling. I would appreciate any input. Thanks in
advance...

Thanks,
Dennis Russo
JB

From a 1989 review in Wine Spectator.
Winery: Sandeman
Wine: Vintage Port 1966
Sco 92

I have tasted the '67 and '66 wines side by side on various occasions,
and I normally prefer the '66. It is still quite youthful. Deep ruby-red,
with a ripe, grapy, perfumed nose, masses of fruit on the palate and plenty
of tannins to give the wine balance. It will still improve. (JS)

om...

Vintage Port Brito Wine 3 10-03-2009 08:01 PM
Vintage port - leaky bottle : ( [email protected] Wine 4 03-10-2006 02:35 AM
Sandeman's Port Douglas Roberts General 0 21-02-2005 12:49 PM
leakage from new vintage port Thomas Curmudgeon Wine 1 14-06-2004 12:02 PM
Port wine Sauce Help using Vintage Port (opened a couple of weeks ago - but refrigerated) Kate B General Cooking 2 22-12-2003 10:29 PM