E. Carl Speros

Default "White Zinfandel. what a waste

I just loove a good full bodied complex (highly underappreciated) Red
Zinfandel. You take all the color, flavor, affinity for good food &
class & what do you have??? a sickeningly sweet (I like a good dessert
wine as well as the next man or woman,) but when its sweetness is
unaccompanied by any semblance of class & is relegated to being a cheap
aperitif that goes with no food & doesn't even go with desserts I give
up. Yet I've no doubt that it outsells its far superior red counerpart
at 2 to1 or more. Yuk

After Malvern Hill Pres. Lincoln visited with Gens. Mc Clellen & Sumner
as well as Col. Nugent (Commander of the Irish Brigade.)` A Lt. James.
M. Birmingham, Adjutant of the 88th N. Y. came from a swim in the James
R. & with his underwear drying on his body saw them talking. He ducked
behind some cover to eavesdrop in time to see & hear Pres. Lincoln
(overcome with emotion at the bravery & sacrifice of the Irish Brigade.)
as he lifted a corner of the 69th N. Y.'s flag, kissed it & said "God
bless this Irish flag" From Joseph Bilby's book
"Remember Fontenoy" on the Irish Brigade
Lancaster Civil War Round Table Website
http://community.webtv.net/GrayGhost...eCivilWarRound Carl
Speros webmaster.

Beaker

On Fri, 12 Dec 2003 13:59:43 -0500 (EST), E. Carl Speros quoth:
> I just loove a good full bodied complex (highly underappreciated) Red
> Zinfandel. You take all the color, flavor, affinity for good food &
> class & what do you have??? a sickeningly sweet (I like a good dessert
> wine as well as the next man or woman,) but when its sweetness is
> unaccompanied by any semblance of class & is relegated to being a cheap
> aperitif that goes with no food & doesn't even go with desserts I give
> up. Yet I've no doubt that it outsells its far superior red counerpart
> at 2 to1 or more. Yuk

My grandmother likes to store it for a year at 80 degrees, and
then serve it on ice with greasy American dishes. *cringe*

bkr