Mario

Default wine made by stars or vips ?

Hello,

I tried to look for information on wines made by stars or vips, what I
found is as follows please tell me if you know mo

Sting ( seams he produces a Chianti wine and an olive oil )
do you know name of winery and location? address?

gerard depardieu seams he produces wine in France and in the island of
Pantelleria in Italia, what more you know about it? winery name?
address?

Mick Hucknall ( Simply Red ) produces wine too, what winery and
address?

Jarno Trulli ( F-1 driver) produces Montepulciano D'abruzzo name of
winery seams to be: Podere Castorani

If you know of any other stars or vips that produce wine, please let
me know.

Thanks,

Mario
Tom S

"Mario" > wrote in message
om...
> If you know of any other stars or vips that produce wine, please let
> me know.

Fess Parker, the Smothers Brothers and Raymond Burr (now deceased, I
believe).

Tom S

Fritz

Hi Mario,

Olivia Newton John is half owner of an Australian winery. I like the Koala
Blue chard.

Fritz

"Mario" > wrote in message
om...
> Hello,
>
> I tried to look for information on wines made by stars or vips, what I
> found is as follows please tell me if you know mo
>
> Sting ( seams he produces a Chianti wine and an olive oil )
> do you know name of winery and location? address?
>
> gerard depardieu seams he produces wine in France and in the island of
> Pantelleria in Italia, what more you know about it? winery name?
> address?
>
> Mick Hucknall ( Simply Red ) produces wine too, what winery and
> address?
>
> Jarno Trulli ( F-1 driver) produces Montepulciano D'abruzzo name of
> winery seams to be: Podere Castorani
>
> If you know of any other stars or vips that produce wine, please let
> me know.
>
> Thanks,
>
> Mario

Robert Stevahn

Greg Norman Estates

-- Robert
Dave Gimbel

Andretti Wines in California aka Mario andretti.
"Robert Stevahn" > wrote in message
> Greg Norman Estates
>
> -- Robert

Mark Lipton

Robert Stevahn wrote:

> Greg Norman Estates

And, along those lines, I recently saw an ad for Ernie Els wines from
Stellenbosch. Not a parody AFAIK... Keeping on the theme of golf,
the Callaway winery in Temecula was started by the Callaway of golf club
fame.

Mark Lipton

Brian Boutel

Mario wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I tried to look for information on wines made by stars or vips, what I
> found is as follows please tell me if you know mo

Sam Neil makes Two Paddocks Pinot Noir in the Gibbston Valley, Central Otago

--brian

--
Brian Boutel
Wellington New Zealand

Note the NOSPAM

Kieran Dyke

Sam Neill owns a vineyard in New Zealand, or at least did when I last
checked.

Tiggrr

"Mario" > wrote in message
om...
> Hello,
>
> I tried to look for information on wines made by stars or vips, what I
> found is as follows please tell me if you know mo
>
> Sting ( seams he produces a Chianti wine and an olive oil )
> do you know name of winery and location? address?
>
> gerard depardieu seams he produces wine in France and in the island of
> Pantelleria in Italia, what more you know about it? winery name?
> address?
>
> Mick Hucknall ( Simply Red ) produces wine too, what winery and
> address?
>
> Jarno Trulli ( F-1 driver) produces Montepulciano D'abruzzo name of
> winery seams to be: Podere Castorani
>
> If you know of any other stars or vips that produce wine, please let
> me know.
>
> Thanks,
>
> Mario

Jeffrey

Beat me to it... David Frost (PGA player) also makes his own wine.

Jeff

"Mark Lipton" > wrote in message

> Robert Stevahn wrote:
>
> > Greg Norman Estates
> >

> And, along those lines, I recently saw an ad for Ernie Els wines from
> Stellenbosch. Not a parody AFAIK... Keeping on the theme of golf,
> the Callaway winery in Temecula was started by the Callaway of golf club
> fame.
>
> Mark Lipton

Justin

I am a member of the Beringer Wine Club and they recently advertised
"Montagia", a wine Joe Montana (Legendary SF 49ers Football Quarterback) had
some hand in their last newsletter; a cut and paste:

A Rare Collaboration Between Two Men Who Know The Meaning of Excellence.Ed
Sbragia and Joe Montana
For the 2000 Napa Valley Wine Auction, Beringer Winemaster Ed Sbragia and
legendary quarterback Joe Montana collaborated to create the first vintage
of "Montagia," a remarkable Cabernet Sauvignon blend that reflects the
unique and complementary styles of these two talented men . . .

.. . . The first bottling of Montagia, created from the stellar 1997 vintage,
consisted of one case and one 9 liter bottle, which was packaged (along with
Montagia sports paraphernalia and a dinner with Ed, Joe and Joe's wife
Jennifer at the Beringer Hudson House) as an auction item for the 2000 Napa
Valley Wine Auction.
I know it sounds a little out there, but I am not joking. In the 1999
vintage they blended enough wine to make 100 cases of "Montagia".

justin

"Mario" > wrote in message
om...
> Hello,
>
> I tried to look for information on wines made by stars or vips, what I
> found is as follows please tell me if you know mo
>
> Sting ( seams he produces a Chianti wine and an olive oil )
> do you know name of winery and location? address?
>
> gerard depardieu seams he produces wine in France and in the island of
> Pantelleria in Italia, what more you know about it? winery name?
> address?
>
> Mick Hucknall ( Simply Red ) produces wine too, what winery and
> address?
>
> Jarno Trulli ( F-1 driver) produces Montepulciano D'abruzzo name of
> winery seams to be: Podere Castorani
>
> If you know of any other stars or vips that produce wine, please let
> me know.
>
> Thanks,
>
> Mario

John Zinni

"Mario" > wrote in message
om...
> Hello,
>
> I tried to look for information on wines made by stars or vips, what I
> found is as follows please tell me if you know mo
>
> Sting ( seams he produces a Chianti wine and an olive oil )
> do you know name of winery and location? address?
>
> gerard depardieu seams he produces wine in France and in the island of
> Pantelleria in Italia, what more you know about it? winery name?
> address?
>
> Mick Hucknall ( Simply Red ) produces wine too, what winery and
> address?
>
> Jarno Trulli ( F-1 driver) produces Montepulciano D'abruzzo name of
> winery seams to be: Podere Castorani
>
> If you know of any other stars or vips that produce wine, please let
> me know.

I am suppressed that Alex Trebek (of Jeopardy fame) and his Creston
Vineyards has not come up yet.

Treemoss2

Not a star not a VIP.

Just today there was a note about the controversy on banning "Hitler" wine that
is selling in the Belgium.

"BRUSSELS (Dec 5) - Belgium's official anti-racism center said on Friday it was
preparing legal action to stop imports of an Italian wine with labels depicting
Adolf Hitler and other leading Nazis."

"John Zinni" > wrote:

>I am suppressed that Alex Trebek (of Jeopardy fame) and his Creston
>Vineyards has not come up yet.

I'll take Typos for $50. ;-)
Or is "suppressed" a new wine related psychological condition? :-)

Jack
--------------------------------
"There are no standards of taste in wine, cigars, poetry, prose,
etc. Each man's own taste is the standard and a majority vote
cannot decide for him or in any slightest degree affect the
supremacy of his own standard." - Mark Twain, 1895
--------------------------------
Chris Lake

"Tom S" > wrote in message
om...

> "Mario" > wrote in message
> om...
> > If you know of any other stars or vips that produce wine, please let
> > me know.

> Fess Parker, the Smothers Brothers and Raymond Burr (now deceased, I
> believe).
>
> Tom S

I missed the original post but just in case

Francis Ford Coppola in Napa

Mario Andretti again in Napa

Ferruccio Lamborghini in Umbria

I think the Frank Sinatra foundation owns a winery or two

sorry if there is repetition
...Chris

Edwin Pawlowski

"Mario" > wrote in message

> If you know of any other stars or vips that produce wine, please let
> me know.

Jack Keller and Lum Eisenman for starters. I'd put them in the vip
category.
Ed

Greg Cook

On 12/5/03 10:11 PM, in article
, "Edwin Pawlowski"
> wrote:

> "Mario" > wrote in message
>
>> If you know of any other stars or vips that produce wine, please let
>> me know.
>>

> Jack Keller and Lum Eisenman for starters. I'd put them in the vip
> category.
> Ed

Hear Hear! ! !

--
Greg Cook
http://homepage.mac.com/gregcook/Wine

(remove spamblocker from my email)

John Zinni

> wrote in message
> "John Zinni" > wrote:
>
> >I am suppressed that Alex Trebek (of Jeopardy fame) and his Creston
> >Vineyards has not come up yet.

> I'll take Typos for $50. ;-)
> Or is "suppressed" a new wine related psychological condition? :-)

Damn, should have been using thought-check rather then spell-check!

Pinky

Shouldn't that be "Here Here"? -- but I agree!

--
Trevor A Panther
In South Yorkshire, England
"Greg Cook" > wrote in message
> On 12/5/03 10:11 PM, in article

<snip. <snip>

> Hear Hear! ! !
>
> --
> Greg Cook
> http://homepage.mac.com/gregcook/Wine
>
> (remove spamblocker from my email)

Greg Cook

On 12/7/03 1:45 AM, in article
, "Pinky"
> wrote:

> Shouldn't that be "Here Here"? -- but I agree!

Um - yes - thanks!

--
Greg Cook
http://homepage.mac.com/gregcook/Wine

(remove spamblocker from my email)

grazzc

Nick Faldo has just released his first vintage of Faldo surprisingly enough.
Its not too bad really,
Greg Norman has given his name to a range of wines from Hardy's (?)
Sir Cliff Richard has a winery in Portugal, that supposedly is halfway
decent
Francis Ford Coppola has Niebaum-Coppola
Randy Lewis (Indy 500 driver) owns Lewis Cellars, Napa

grazza

Ray

Emeril Lagasse has his own brand of wine out, though I have never seen it on
the shelves, and he has shown the basics of home winemaking on his TV show.

Ray

Riccardo Margheri

A couple of year ago, if I remember well, In Italy we heard news about an
estate bought by Italian President of the Council of Ministers Silvio
Berlusconi in the brunello di Montalcino area. It should begin to produce in
two or three years.
Heard news that Michael Schumacher (F1 world champion) should have bought in
Maremma (south of Tuscany).
Movie artists and journalists famous in Italy produce their own wine.

Regards
Riccardo