Peter Taylor

Default Decanter

Probably of no interest to the USA based members, but of possible interest
to the UK and Europe based ones is that last weeked Decanter ran a two day
fine wine weekend at the Landmark Hotel in London. Amazing event - some 120
producers from al round the world - France, Germany, Hungary, SA, USA,
Italy, Spain etc showing 600+ wines.

Delegates were a mix of trade and enthusiastic amateurs, very well organised
with plenty of spitoons, endless clean glasses etc.

Took some friends who were absolutely knocked out by the experience, and my
19 year old student son, who said it really opened his eyes - trouble was he
was looking for good cheap wine and everything he really liked was £30 plus
a bottle!

All for £35.00 a day - I recon it is very good value. My taste buds are now
shot to pieces and need a while to recover!

They run the event every year in November - definitely not to be missed.

Peter Taylor

Cleaning a decanter Dee Dee Wine 14 30-09-2007 09:35 AM
To decanter or not to decanter. Mydnight Wine 14 12-05-2007 02:59 PM
August Decanter Ron Lel Wine 20 26-09-2004 10:50 AM
Decanter Set Recommendation mypet Wine 0 23-05-2004 07:59 PM
Decanter Cleaning? The Ranger Wine 20 17-12-2003 11:19 PM