James Parent

Default Les Pavots

I recently acquired a single bottle of Peter Michael 1997 Les Pavots.

I assume that it's past the leading edge of "drink now". Has anyone had
this one or do you have any comments on the best way to enjoy this meritage?

D. Gerasimatos

In article >,
James Parent > wrote:

>I recently acquired a single bottle of Peter Michael 1997 Les Pavots.
>
>I assume that it's past the leading edge of "drink now". Has anyone had
>this one or do you have any comments on the best way to enjoy this meritage?

I subscribe to Peter Michael's mailing list, but I buy the whites
exclusively. The "Les Pavots" is too expensive for me (and I've never
fancied trying the pinot yet). 1996 and 1997 were both supposed to be
superb. I think it is too young according to a blind tasting posted on
Robert Parker's site, where the 1997 finished 10th of 13 very fine cabs
from around the world. The tasting was conducted on 10/14/03.

"Deeply colored. Attractive nose shows great richness yet seems youthful
and unevolved. This theme follows through on the palate. Again, there's
tremendous richness of fruit combined with smoky, meaty notes. This wine
expresses purer Cabernet Sauvignon character than others in this tasting.
Balanced, with good length. Tightly wound right now, we weren't drinking
this wine at peak. 89 points."

Dimitri