Da' Bear

Default Any decent wine desktop themes?

Greetings. My mane is Ron "Bear" Graves, and I live in the Tempe, AZ
area. I've been searching for some decent Wine desktop themes/ screen
savers etc. Could any of you fine folks point me to some?

Best,

Da' Bear

Bill Spohn

> I've been searching for some decent Wine desktop themes/ screen
>savers etc. Could any of you fine folks point me to some?

Best answer is to do your own. I have a close up of a 1990 Yquem capsule on my
wife's computer, for instance.

You can also get free screensaver programs that allow you to direct them to any
directory on your hard drive where there are images, and use them as a
screensaver, rotating among them.

I use that sort of program on mine, albeit with images of a horticultural
nature, one of my other hobbies. I tried it with wine pictures, but it just
makes me thirsty.
not4wood

"Bill Spohn" > wrote in message
> > I've been searching for some decent Wine desktop themes/ screen
> >savers etc. Could any of you fine folks point me to some?

> Best answer is to do your own. I have a close up of a 1990 Yquem capsule

on my
> wife's computer, for instance.

Bill,

I was able to finally taste the 1990 Yquem a couple of weeks ago. Now I
know why they call this the nectar of the gods. I couldn't understand how
the powers that be call this the 100 out of 100 when there are so many fine
wines out there that only make in the high nineties but this is definitely
the truly one fine example of what a wine tasting really is about.

Not4wood

Da' Bear

not4wood wrote:

> "Bill Spohn" > wrote in message
>
>>>I've been searching for some decent Wine desktop themes/ screen
>>>savers etc. Could any of you fine folks point me to some?

>>Best answer is to do your own. I have a close up of a 1990 Yquem capsule

> on my
>
>>wife's computer, for instance.
>>

> Bill,
>
> I was able to finally taste the 1990 Yquem a couple of weeks ago. Now I
> know why they call this the nectar of the gods. I couldn't understand how
> the powers that be call this the 100 out of 100 when there are so many fine
> wines out there that only make in the high nineties but this is definitely
> the truly one fine example of what a wine tasting really is about.
>
> Not4wood

I had a glass of the 1990 Yquem last year. "Nectar of the Gods"? I
thought I had a glimpse of god <g>

--
Bear Graves
"The Secret of Zen lies in two words only: Not Always So..."

Michael Pronay

Default Haut Brion (was Any decent wine desktop themes?)

amnspam (Dale Williams) wrote:

http://www.sigels.com/gifs/haut%20brion.gif

Looks like a fake. If you take a look at the other labels google
brings, you will find that the font used for the "1996" is quite
different, as is the width of the numbers.

There are quite a few pics of the label on the web without any
indication of a vintage. May be Haut Brion hands the out as samples?

M.
Dale Williams

In article >, Michael Pronay >
writes:

>Looks like a fake. If you take a look at the other labels google
>brings, you will find that the font used for the "1996" is quite
>different, as is the width of the numbers.

You're right, thanks. Am I right that 1988 is the dividing line (creation of
Pessac-Leognan as a separate subappelation)?
Dale

Dale Williams
Drop "damnspam" to reply
Dale Williams

In article >, "Steve Grant"
> writes:

>Michael Pronay" > wrote in message

>> If memory serves me right, the appellation was created in 1987,
>> including 1986 as first vintage of the new appellation.
>>
>> M.

><looks in cellar> ... 1984 was Graves, 1985 I don't know, 1986 was
>Pessac-Léognan.

Thanks Steve and Michael! I thought I remembered the '85 as being Graves
(though only had at a tasting, so suspect memory). I knew the '88 said P-L, as
it sat on my table for a while at a huge Bordeaux dinner. That's why I thought
I'd gone nuts seeingthe '96 as Graves.

Both the '85 and '88 were lovely, by the way (the '88 a bit more elegant, the
'85 riper and more powerful, IIRC).
Dale

Dale Williams
Drop "damnspam" to reply
Michael Bartlett

No really, thanks for this. As a huge desert wine fan the LAST thing I
needed in my life was to discover a half bottle that costs over £100. Could
someone please keep my credit card in a safe place for the next few months?

"not4wood" > wrote in message

> "Bill Spohn" > wrote in message
> > > I've been searching for some decent Wine desktop themes/ screen
> > >savers etc. Could any of you fine folks point me to some?

> > Best answer is to do your own. I have a close up of a 1990 Yquem capsule

> on my
> > wife's computer, for instance.
> >

> Bill,
>
> I was able to finally taste the 1990 Yquem a couple of weeks ago. Now I
> know why they call this the nectar of the gods. I couldn't understand how
> the powers that be call this the 100 out of 100 when there are so many

fine
> wines out there that only make in the high nineties but this is definitely
> the truly one fine example of what a wine tasting really is about.
>
> Not4wood

not4wood

Sure, give it here I'll take good care of it.

Lets see, a nice flavorful white for tomorrow nites Bouillabaisse then
there's Friday nite for a good Burg. Wait, going to play a round today need
something for the golf bag. maybe a nice vintage port.

No problem I take good care of it. LOL

Not4wood

"Michael Bartlett" > wrote in message
> No really, thanks for this. As a huge desert wine fan the LAST thing I
> needed in my life was to discover a half bottle that costs over £100.

Could
> someone please keep my credit card in a safe place for the next few

months?

> > > Best answer is to do your own. I have a close up of a 1990 Yquem

capsule
> > on my
> > > wife's computer, for instance.
> > >

> > Bill,
> >
> > I was able to finally taste the 1990 Yquem a couple of weeks ago. Now I
> > know why they call this the nectar of the gods. I couldn't understand

how
> > the powers that be call this the 100 out of 100 when there are so many

> fine
> > wines out there that only make in the high nineties but this is

definitely
> > the truly one fine example of what a wine tasting really is about.
> >
> > Not4wood

Costco's wine stewards, Kirkland CdP is decent [email protected] Wine 8 26-08-2007 11:21 AM
Dinner party themes Caesy Vegan 0 20-11-2005 09:00 PM
Dinner party themes Caesy Barbecue 0 20-11-2005 09:00 PM
TN: Decent Burg, not-so-decent Riesling Dale Williams Wine 0 25-05-2004 03:19 PM
TN: Week's wine - some decent QPR Burgs and others Dale Williams Wine 0 01-03-2004 05:06 PM