Sean E. Slindee

Default TN:2001 Ironstone Shiraz

What a nice surprise this wine was! My wife and I finally had a Friday
night availble for a nice dinner and a good wine, and it really turned out
wonderfully. After taking the kids out for "Trick or Treating" we got
started on black peppered chicken wings and Spanish rice. I had just bought
the Ironstone Shiraz on the way home from work and thought that the wings
and rice would go well with the wine. First of all the nose was full of
black cherry with a hint of tabacco. I knew right away that this wine was
going to be a great find for $6.99. The wine was very ripe with pepper,
smoke, and brown sugar spice. This California Shiraz was more Australian
than 90% of the BULK WINE that has been coming out of Australia over the
past 1-2 years. It's an absolute steal! I have had Ironstone before and
have never really been impressed before until now. A case wine for sure!

Sean

Syrah and Shiraz Bill S. Wine 5 17-03-2008 08:43 AM
TN: Mitolo Savitar McLaren Vale Shiraz 2001 Andrew Goldfinch Wine 0 02-03-2005 06:23 AM
TN Thomas Hyland Shiraz 2001 Ian Hayward Wine 1 11-04-2004 11:30 PM
Shiraz? jmcquown General Cooking 28 28-12-2003 04:14 PM
TN: Lindemans Reserve Shiraz 2001 Jeffrey Wine 2 06-10-2003 03:03 AM