jcoulter

Default Quercus alert!

> wrote in :

> On the weekend, a 1997 Lucien Boillot (just *what* is the
> relation
> to the Other Boillots?) And SORRY ABOUT THE SPELLING Gevrey-Chambertin
> 'Purcelles'(I think?could have been 'Evo...?). Imported to the US by
> Kermit Lynch. Fairly pedestrian pinot noir grapes has its fruit beaten
> to death by oak staves. EEEch! Unfortunate.
> The standup bottle was a 1990 Marcarini 'Brunate' (Barolo) which was
> much, much better.
>
> Mark S

Too bad, I have had good luck lately with a 2000 Givry from Remoissenet. It
is incredibly light in color but has nice fruit and some substance for
11.99USD pretty good QPR

jcoulter > wrote:

: Too bad, I have had good luck lately with a 2000 Givry from Remoissenet. It
: is incredibly light in color but has nice fruit and some substance for
: 11.99USD pretty good QPR

$12 for a Burgundy is a good deal. The best recent one I had was a 1999
Pernot Santenay (imported by Louis Dressner). Very good for the $24 paid
for it, like an exhuberent Beaune from a ripe year.

Mark S