Cwdjrx _

Default TN Ducru-Beaucaillou 1962.

Many of the 62's were somewhat neglected because they came just after
the outstanding years 1959 and 1962. Yet many were of very high quality.
For example, M. Broadbent has rated many of the 62's from top estates as
4-star when he rated the corresponding wines in 59 and 61 as 5-star out
of 5-star. Many 62's matured a bit faster than in 59 or 61. I doubt if
any wil improve. However some still are holding well.

I have had several bottles of the 62 Ducru-Beaucaillou over the years,
and all have been extremely good. The bottle I just tasted had been
stored properly and had a very low neck fill.

The color still is fairly deep scarlet with a bit of brick showing
around the rim. There is intense cassis and other dark fruits with a bit
of spice in the bouquet and taste. The wine is now very smooth, tannins
are resolved, and acid is just right. It has a very long aftertaste. It
perhaps lacks a bit of the intensity and complexity of the 61, and is
somewhat more advanced than it. The wine should be drunk fairly soon,
but I think it still will be very good for many years although not as
good as now.