Nils Gustaf Lindgren

Default [TN]-ish Jadot Beaune Gréve 1994

Hello;
My condolences. Bambi is dead. He was found, drowned in a casserole of
lentils, onions, lardons fumés, and an affordable Montepulciano d´Abruzzo on
the 10th of October.
This carnage was accompanied with the abovementioned 1er Cru from Bourgogne.
As expected, color was fairly light. Nose still constrained, autumn leaves,
leather, none of the raspberry/strawberry aroma from a young Savigny. On
palate also a bit laid-back, slight acidity, large medium structured
tannins, evolving in the glass. No hints of oxidation, no brick on the
edges.

It might be questioned if the accompaniment was tops - the casserole perhaps
should have had a more muscular wine, like a Rhone Syrah or a Madiran.

Left us wondering if we had committed infanticide. I got the impression that
this was a wine that hadn´t peaked, that could be kept. My 'Hugh Johnson'
was supremely unhelpful - 1994 in Bourgogne being a year when wines were,
apparently, either rather good or rather bad, and could be kept or should be
drunk, dependiong on which was the case with that particular wine. Hmph.
So, question: I have another bottle of same - should I keep it fro 5 years
(my gut reaction) or should I drink it as fast as possible?
You inoput is (as always) welcome.

Cheers!

Nils Gustaf
--
Respond to nils dot lindgren at drchips dot se

Tom S

"Nils Gustaf Lindgren" > wrote in message
> Hello;
> My condolences. Bambi is dead. He was found, drowned in a casserole of
> lentils, onions, lardons fumés

OK, I have to ask: what are "lardons fumés"?

Has to be something smoked, but a Google search returned a bunch of pages in
French, which yo no parlez. :^D

When I requested the page to be translated to English, the result was
amusingly strange. Lardons fumés translates as "smoked plugs". Sounds like
something I'd find in my too-rich running BMW's engine compartment, rather
than in a casserole served with Burgundy.

I'd surmise that it's something liked smoked ham hocks, but I'm just
guessing.

Tom S

Nils Gustaf Lindgren

Lardons are pork cut in small cubes. Fumés means they are smoked, right, and
you can also find them salés, which means they are salted. A bit like bacon,
but the pork I used (which was Swedish) (as was poor Bambi) was less fatty
than bacon.

HTH

Nils Gsutaf

--
Respond to nils dot lindgren at drchips dot se
"Tom S" > skrev i meddelandet
.. .

> "Nils Gustaf Lindgren" > wrote in message
> > Hello;
> > My condolences. Bambi is dead. He was found, drowned in a casserole of
> > lentils, onions, lardons fumés

> OK, I have to ask: what are "lardons fumés"?
>
> Has to be something smoked, but a Google search returned a bunch of pages

in
> French, which yo no parlez. :^D
>
> When I requested the page to be translated to English, the result was
> amusingly strange. Lardons fumés translates as "smoked plugs". Sounds

like
> something I'd find in my too-rich running BMW's engine compartment, rather
> than in a casserole served with Burgundy.
>
> I'd surmise that it's something liked smoked ham hocks, but I'm just
> guessing.
>
> Tom S

TN: '95 Hospices de Beaune Beaune DaleW Wine 0 03-08-2010 02:31 PM
TN: 99 Jadot Beaune DaleW Wine 2 15-07-2009 07:44 PM
TN: '93 Jadot Pommard Mark Lipton[_1_] Wine 4 11-07-2008 05:08 PM
TN: '98 Ridge Lytton Springs and '90 Jadot Beaune-Villages Mark Lipton Wine 2 23-05-2006 04:04 PM
TN: Jadot Dale Williams Wine 8 06-05-2004 05:40 PM