FoodBanter.com

-   -   Tell me what you think of these two wines (https://www.foodbanter.com/wine/22864-tell-me-what-you.html)

Frenchy 10-10-2003 09:56 PM

Tell me what you think of these two wines

Hi, I'm a newbie here as far as wine goes (I usually follow the Cigar
Forum) but had me thinking, I'm a pretty big wine drinker and know
nothing about wine. I have 2 bottles that I've been holding on for a
while and wanted to know if theres any reviews on these wines. Here
they a

1997 Cotes Du Rhone Pierre Charau (Mis en bouteille par les Domaines
Michel Bernard a Orange Vaucluse France)

and

1992 Bourgogne Hautes Cotes de Nuits

Can someone please post a review and what to expect when I drink these
wines and also what would the appr price would be. Thanks for your
time!

Frenchy (Yes I'm half French so I have no choice but to drink wine!)

Mike Tommasi 10-10-2003 11:10 PM

Tell me what you think of these two wines

On Fri, 10 Oct 2003 20:56:02 GMT, Frenchy
> wrote:

>Hi, I'm a newbie here as far as wine goes (I usually follow the Cigar
>Forum) but had me thinking, I'm a pretty big wine drinker and know
>nothing about wine. I have 2 bottles that I've been holding on for a
>while and wanted to know if theres any reviews on these wines. Here
>they a
>
>1997 Cotes Du Rhone Pierre Charau (Mis en bouteille par les Domaines
>Michel Bernard a Orange Vaucluse France)

Probably Pierre Chanau, a label used by the supermarket Auchan (Chanau
is an anagram of Auchan).

I'm afraid this is not a good bottle. To put it mildly.

Mike

Steve Slatcher 11-10-2003 12:01 AM

Tell me what you think of these two wines

On Fri, 10 Oct 2003 20:56:02 GMT, Frenchy
> wrote:

>1992 Bourgogne Hautes Cotes de Nuits

Cheapish.

May show more character than ordinary Burgundy, but you don't mention
the producer, or even if it is red, white or rose, so you can hardly
expect a tasting note from anyone.

Should be drunk young, so crack it open ASAP and hope you get lucky!

--
Steve Slatcher
http://pobox.com/~steve.slatcher

Frenchy 11-10-2003 01:18 AM

Tell me what you think of these two wines

Well thanks for the quick answers, I in-laws and my parents live in
France and I think we picked them up while visiting them. I do also
have a bottle of 1992 Dom Perignon(sp) which I plan on drinking with
my wife when I transfer off my ship in a year and a half(Navy)...

Thanks again for the help Gents and have a great weekend.

Frenchy

On Sat, 11 Oct 2003 00:01:29 +0100, Steve Slatcher

Steve Slatcher 11-10-2003 07:57 PM

Tell me what you think of these two wines

Just been checking up on Bourgogne Hautes Cotes de Nuits for my own
purposes. Seems like it can use a few years of age (in some cases at
least), but 11 years would be probably pushing it too far.

Best wishes

On Sat, 11 Oct 2003 00:18:52 GMT, Frenchy