Marco

Default Bruno

So,
any comments on the 98 Bruno's ???

anyone try one lately ?

r/ Marco

Mike Tommasi

On Fri, 10 Oct 2003 07:41:19 GMT, "Marco"
> wrote:

>So,
>any comments on the 98 Bruno's ???

Sorry about asking, but what is Bruno ? The only Brunos that come to
mind are Bruno Paillard and Bruno Giacosa...

Mike
Dale Williams

>Sorry about asking, but what is Bruno ? The only Brunos that come to
>mind are Bruno Paillard and Bruno Giacosa...

You forgot Bruno Clair, a decent Burg producer (usually a good value, as prices
are generally low).

Maybe he meant Brunellos, and the ell got lost?

Dale

Dale Williams
Drop "damnspam" to reply
Chris Lake

"Dale Williams" > wrote in message
> >Sorry about asking, but what is Bruno ? The only Brunos that come to
> >mind are Bruno Paillard and Bruno Giacosa...

> You forgot Bruno Clair, a decent Burg producer (usually a good value, as

prices
> are generally low).

excellent call!

...Chris

Joe Beppe Rosenberg

I think he is talking about Bruno Balalaika, leading zithermaster of the
East Ramsey (New Jersey) Orchestra and Klezmer Band-I highly recommend his
solo version of the Third Man theme with a barrel fermented ugni blanc.....

--
Joe "Beppe" Rosenberg
"Chris Lake" > wrote in message

> "Dale Williams" > wrote in message
> > >Sorry about asking, but what is Bruno ? The only Brunos that come to
> > >mind are Bruno Paillard and Bruno Giacosa...

> > You forgot Bruno Clair, a decent Burg producer (usually a good value, as

> prices
> > are generally low).

> excellent call!
>
> ..Chris

Ian Hoare

Salut/Hi Marco,

le/on Fri, 10 Oct 2003 07:41:19 GMT, tu disais/you said:-

>So,
>any comments on the 98 Bruno's ???

If you're talking about Bruno Bilancini's Ch Tirecul la Gravière.

"Excellent"

--
All the Best
Ian Hoare

Sometimes oi just sits and thinks
Sometimes oi just sits.
Marco

Sorry,

I just figured those subscribed to a wine newsgroup would know what I meant.

I am refering to probably the most famous Italian Red on the planet,
Brunello di Montalcino.

I was curious if anyone had the opportunity to taste a good one, yet. (98)
I heard they blow away 97, which was pretty hard to do.

ciao!

"Marco" > wrote in message
> So,
> any comments on the 98 Bruno's ???
>
> anyone try one lately ?
>
> r/ Marco

Tom S

"Chris Lake" > wrote in message

> "Dale Williams" > wrote in message
> > >Sorry about asking, but what is Bruno ? The only Brunos that come to
> > >mind are Bruno Paillard and Bruno Giacosa...

> > You forgot Bruno Clair, a decent Burg producer (usually a good value, as

> prices
> > are generally low).

And then there's Bruno di Alfonso - the winemaker for Sanford, who has some
Italian varietals he's bottled under his own name. I haven't tried his
Pinot Grigio, but his Sangiovese is the best I've tasted from California so
far.

Tom S

Nils Gustaf Lindgren

There is also Bruno Sorg in Eguisheim, excellent small producer (GC Eichberg
and Pfirsigberg). Particularly his Riesling are wonderful.

Cheers!

Nils Gsutaf

--
Respond to nils dot lindgren at drchips dot se

Mike Tommasi

On Sat, 11 Oct 2003 06:31:47 GMT, "Nils Gustaf Lindgren"
> wrote:

>There is also Bruno Sorg in Eguisheim, excellent small producer (GC Eichberg
>and Pfirsigberg). Particularly his Riesling are wonderful.

Ah yes, now all the good Brunos are coming back to me...

Mike

Jan Bøgh

"Marco" > wrote in message

> I just figured those subscribed to a wine newsgroup would know what I
> meant.

LOL

After a very long discussion about what was ment, when someone wrote Venice
You think this would be obvious!
In my country I haver /never/ heard Brunellos mentioned as bruno's.

> I am refering to probably the most famous Italian Red on the planet,
> Brunello di Montalcino.

I would say that it ranks below Barolo, Chianti and Amarone when it comes to
famousness.

> I was curious if anyone had the opportunity to taste a good one, yet.
> (98) I heard they blow away 97, which was pretty hard to do.

Is the 98 on the market yet? I thought the Brunnellos 98 would be released
in nov.

regards
Jan

Marco

Jan

We are all entitled to our own opinions.

After living in Italy for some time,
and tasting just about every one of their wines
and reading and studying for years about them,
I think I can say I know what I am talking about when it comes to Brunello
and other Italian wines. Anyone who is remotely familiar with the wines
coming out of Chianti
region knows Bruno is superior.

As far as ranking, Brunello, Barolo and Amarone are completely different
wines which all posess their own unique
qualities that make them superior in each of their regions (Chianti,
Piemonte, Veneto)

the 98's were released sometime right after this past summer.

r/
marco

"Jan Bøgh" <jan@boegh-dot-net> wrote in message
> "Marco" > wrote in message
>

> > I just figured those subscribed to a wine newsgroup would know what I
> > meant.

> LOL
>
> After a very long discussion about what was ment, when someone wrote

Venice
> You think this would be obvious!
> In my country I haver /never/ heard Brunellos mentioned as bruno's.
>
> > I am refering to probably the most famous Italian Red on the planet,
> > Brunello di Montalcino.

> I would say that it ranks below Barolo, Chianti and Amarone when it comes

> famousness.
>
> > I was curious if anyone had the opportunity to taste a good one, yet.
> > (98) I heard they blow away 97, which was pretty hard to do.

> Is the 98 on the market yet? I thought the Brunnellos 98 would be released
> in nov.
>
> regards
> Jan

Dale Williams

In article >, "Marco"
> writes:

>I think I can say I know what I am talking about when it comes to Brunello
>and other Italian wines. Anyone who is remotely familiar with the wines
>coming out of Chianti region knows Bruno is superior.

I thought myself remotely familar, but I guess not (I've also never heard
anyone refer to Brunello di Montalcino as Bruno before now). I think of Chianti
and Brunello as different, w/o one neccessarily being superior to the other.
Though Brunellos tend to be more expensive than Chianti (excluding the Castello
di Amas and the like).In general I think once you figure in price/value the
Chianti might have the edge. I have some Brunello cellared, but I have Chianti
too. A wine like the Felsina Rancia CCR in a good vintage can be more exciting
than 90% of Brunellos.

>As far as ranking, Brunello, Barolo and Amarone are completely different
>wines which all posess their own unique
>qualities that make them superior in each of their regions (Chianti,
>Piemonte, Veneto)

Chianti and Montalcino are both located in the region of Tuscany.
..
>the 98's were released sometime right after this past summer.

That's right. I've posted some notes here re 1998 Brunellos (Brunelli, if you
prefer), mostly from pre-release tasting this spring. I think the best I've had
were the Caparzo and Uccelliera. Although I bought some 97s, I think mostly I'm
in market currently for '95s. Some reduced prices (due to '97 hype) on what to
my tastes is a more classical, structured vintage than the sometimes overripe
'97s. Based on other '99 Tuscans, the '99 Brunello vintage might be
interesting.

Speaking of '99 Tuscans, anyone in NY might be interested- Rochambeau is having
a Supertuscan sale. Mostly too expensive for me, but the excellent '99
Terrabianca Campaccio is $24. Nice Sangiovese that tastes like Tuscany (as
opposed to some SuperTuscans that taste like Napa!).

Dale

Dale Williams
Drop "damnspam" to reply
Tom S

"Dale Williams" > wrote in message
> Though Brunellos tend to be more expensive than Chianti (excluding the

Castello
> di Amas and the like).In general I think once you figure in price/value

the
> Chianti might have the edge.

That's a good point, Dale. Comparing most Chiantis to Rossos di Montalcino
would be more fair, wouldn't you say?

I have some Brunello cellared, but I have Chianti
> too. A wine like the Felsina Rancia CCR in a good vintage can be more

exciting
> than 90% of Brunellos.

Felsina Rancia is a personal favorite. Unfortunately, it's as expensive as
many Brunellos. :^(

BTW, while we're on Italian wines, Costco has the 1998 and 1999 Zonchera
Barolo for just under $30. I've tried both and prefer the 1998 right now,
but the 1999 would be nice to lay down for ten years or so. The 1998 is
elegant and fragrant with cigarbox notes and that unmistakable aroma that
proclaims it as Italian. The 1999 isn't as accessible right now, but may
actually be a better wine than the 1998 when it reaches maturity.

Tom S

Michael Pronay

"Marco" > wrote:

>> any comments on the 98 Bruno's ???

> I just figured those subscribed to a wine newsgroup would know
> what I meant.

pffff ...

> I am refering to probably the most famous Italian Red on the
> planet, Brunello di Montalcino.

.... nuff said, plonk.

M.