Ronin

Default Oregon Wine Harvest

It rained last night, but while tripping around the Yamhill County
wineries last weekend, the general word was that the harvesting has been
completed. The warmth of September caused everything to ripen at once, and
this was the shortest harvest on record. It also caused a higher than
normal loss to evaporation (about 10% this year.) The nights stayed cool,
so the acid is right up there, and I am looking forward to some nice wines
from the 2003 harvest.

Any other words from the harvests around the world??

Jim

D. Gerasimatos

In article >,
Ronin > wrote:

> It rained last night, but while tripping around the Yamhill County
>wineries last weekend, the general word was that the harvesting has been
>completed. The warmth of September caused everything to ripen at once, and
>this was the shortest harvest on record. It also caused a higher than
>normal loss to evaporation (about 10% this year.) The nights stayed cool,
>so the acid is right up there, and I am looking forward to some nice wines
>from the 2003 harvest.
>
> Any other words from the harvests around the world??

I am told that harvest in Paso Robles started around 9/15 for varietals
like viognier and grenache blanc. I don't know about the reds, but I am
supposed to work in the harvest this coming weekend, so I guess that I'll
soon know. Harvest in California is boring, anyway - so predictable.

Dimitri

Oregon Trails Wine Company Bill O'Meally[_3_] Wine 5 21-11-2016 07:23 PM
Oregon Wine Tasting Fees Ben[_3_] Wine 7 02-10-2007 07:11 PM
Oregon Wine Richard Neidich Wine 0 08-11-2006 05:39 PM
Oregon Wine Article. Richard Neidich Wine 7 07-11-2006 06:25 PM
Announcing 2 new Oregon Wine Sites. odd one Winemaking 0 10-09-2005 04:51 PM