Russell Law

Default cork trouble

Has anyone ever gotten a bottle of wine where the cork was pushed out
of the bottle?
It is out about 1/4" and does not appear to have been previously removed.
If anyone has experience or knowledge of this, please let me know.

Dale Williams

In article >, "Russell Law" >
writes:

>Has anyone ever gotten a bottle of wine where the cork was pushed out
>of the bottle?
>It is out about 1/4" and does not appear to have been previously removed.
> If anyone has experience or knowledge of this, please let me know.

Sounds like heat. When a bottle is subjected to higher heats, expansion pushes
corks out. Protruding corks are a major warning sign. I'd return immediately,
if possible.
Dale

Dale Williams
Drop "damnspam" to reply

BIG Trouble Brooklyn1 General Cooking 1 08-05-2011 01:24 PM
trouble seasoning my new wok Bjarne General Cooking 11 12-06-2007 10:56 PM
Trouble now Dimitri Mexican Cooking 4 05-02-2007 12:16 AM
Too much trouble Brian Christiansen General Cooking 22 06-06-2006 09:42 PM
The trouble with my ZIN (high pH) Alex Winemaking 15 04-09-2004 11:10 AM