FoodBanter.com

-   -   cork trouble (https://www.foodbanter.com/wine/22845-cork-trouble.html)

Russell Law 07-10-2003 04:13 AM

cork trouble

Has anyone ever gotten a bottle of wine where the cork was pushed out
of the bottle?
It is out about 1/4" and does not appear to have been previously removed.
If anyone has experience or knowledge of this, please let me know.

Dale Williams 07-10-2003 06:27 AM

cork trouble

In article >, "Russell Law" >
writes:

>Has anyone ever gotten a bottle of wine where the cork was pushed out
>of the bottle?
>It is out about 1/4" and does not appear to have been previously removed.
> If anyone has experience or knowledge of this, please let me know.

Sounds like heat. When a bottle is subjected to higher heats, expansion pushes
corks out. Protruding corks are a major warning sign. I'd return immediately,
if possible.
Dale

Dale Williams
Drop "damnspam" to reply