FoodBanter.com

-   -   TN: '99 Ste. Colombe (CdC) (https://www.foodbanter.com/wine/22840-tn-99-ste-colombe.html)

Dale Williams 06-10-2003 08:45 PM

TN: '99 Ste. Colombe (CdC)

Betsy had a full day Sunday- Sufi/Indian music in a Presbyterian Church (!!),
then a matinee of "Magic Flute". So I volunteered to do dinner. Lamb chops and
eggplant on the grill, with spinach and some baked potatoes. Lamb usually
signals Bordeaux to me, and since I like my meat rare I went for a young one.
The 1999 Ch. Ste.Colombe (Côtes de Castillon) is from an estate partially owned
by Gérard Perse of Pavie fame. So one might expect a very New Wave style.
There is definitely some oak there, but there is also moderate acidity, a real
Bordeaux nose with minerals and a little lead-pencil, and good fruit. The fruit
runs mostly to the red side- cherry and red berries. A nice medium bodied Right
Banker, modern without being outlandish, ready to drink, and a good deal at
$10-12. A B+ on my easy scale.

Dale

Dale Williams
Drop "damnspam" to reply

Cliff Brown 07-10-2003 07:19 PM

TN: '99 Ste. Colombe (CdC)

amnspam (Dale Williams) wrote:

The 1999 Ch. Ste.Colombe (Côtes de Castillon) is from an estate partially owned
by Gérard Perse of Pavie fame. So one might expect a very New Wave style.
There is definitely some oak there, but there is also moderate acidity, a real
Bordeaux nose with minerals and a little lead-pencil, and good fruit. The fruit
runs mostly to the red side- cherry and red berries. A nice medium bodied Right
Banker, modern without being outlandish, ready to drink, and a good deal at
$10-12. A B+ on my easy scale.

Dale,

That sounds good. Hopefully the 2000 is as good. In July I picked up a
half case of their 2000 from Sam's Wine Warehouse in Chicago. They had
it on sale and I was able to get it for under $11 a bottle.

The other assorted Bordeaux wine I bought were the (4) Chateau Rocher
Bellevue Figeac - St. Emilion, and (2) Chateau Pipeau - St. Emilion.

Cliff

Dale Williams 08-10-2003 02:59 AM

TN: '99 Ste. Colombe (CdC)

In article , Cliff Brown
writes:

That sounds good. Hopefully the 2000 is as good. In July I picked up a
half case of their 2000 from Sam's Wine Warehouse in Chicago. They had
it on sale and I was able to get it for under $11 a bottle.

2000 is good (should be some notes from me somewhere), though tannic for a CdC
- could use 5 years.
Dale

Dale Williams
Drop "damnspam" to reply