Dale Williams

Default TN: 2 inexpensive whites

Thursday with Betsy' s pasta carbonara, the 2002 Las Brisas Rueda. Nice simple
crisp white with citrus (lemon and grapefruit) fruit, just a hint of
grassiness and...tonic water? Not bad at less than $6. B

After a long Friday came home to find Betsy making her "Chinese Chicken" (the
first thing she ever cooked for me, long before we started dating). She boils a
chicken, then shreds the meat, tosses it with scallions, soy sauce, and sesame
oil, then pours hot peanut oil over the top. I remembered the first time she
made it for me, and pulled out the most recent vintage of the same wine we had
that night. The generic 2000 Trimbach Gewürztraminer was damn tasty for a basic
bottling. Aromatic nose of honeysuckle and tropical fruit, rich litchi fruit.
Very big flavors. Some spice and burning leaves aromas emerges as it warmed to
room temperature. Im sure it's basically vinfied dry, but it comes across as
almost sweet, but good acidity for a Gewürz keeps it lively. B+

Grade disclaimer: I'm a pretty easy grader, basically A is an excellent wine, B
a good wine, C mediocre. Anything below C means I wouldn't drink at a party
where it was only choice.

Dale

Dale Williams
Drop "damnspam" to reply

Whites Must Have Children: New Tax Rules To Encourage Whites ToHave Babies Ramon F. Herrera General Cooking 1 19-05-2012 01:47 PM
TN: 2 inexpensive Italians, one (relatively) inexpensive Champagne DaleW Wine 0 27-09-2009 03:26 PM
Inexpensive Barolo graham[_1_] Wine 3 07-09-2007 06:49 PM
TN: Two inexpensive Italians Dale Williams Wine 5 01-06-2004 12:06 AM
TN: 2 good, inexpensive whites Dale Williams Wine 0 21-04-2004 07:08 PM