FoodBanter.com

-   -   What to drink with crema catalan? (https://www.foodbanter.com/wine/22803-what-drink-crema-catalan.html)

Nils Gustaf Lindgren 02-10-2003 06:38 AM

What to drink with crema catalan?

Hello;
The subject is the message. I was recommended a cava - by a
Freixenet-sponsored web site.
What´s you take?

Cheers

Nils Gustaf
--
Respond to nils dot lindgren at drchips dot se

Dan Haggarty 02-10-2003 04:18 PM

"Nils Gustaf Lindgren" > wrote:
> The subject is the message. I was recommended a cava - by a
> Freixenet-sponsored web site.
> What´s you take?

I prefer Conde de Osborne Solera Gran Reserva Brandy de Jerez.

Gallu 03-10-2003 12:18 AM

What to drink with crema catalan?

Hi.

IMHO, I prefer a moscatel like MR (or Molino Real if it's possible), or
Enrique Mendoza Moscatel de la Marina, or Casta Diva.
Torres has also a strongest moscatel "Oro", that could be correct with crema
catalana.

mensaje de noticias ...

Santiago G.H. 03-10-2003 11:18 AM

What to drink with crema catalan?

"Gallu" > escribió en
:

> IMHO, I prefer a moscatel like MR (or Molino Real if it's possible),
> or Enrique Mendoza Moscatel de la Marina, or Casta Diva.
> Torres has also a strongest moscatel "Oro", that could be correct with
> crema catalana.

Dear "Gallu",

I am glad to see you in this group also.

I was also thinking of a moscatel but, since I had not first hand
experience, I restrained my comments. Sometimes you don't know how a pair
is until you experience it for yourself.

Best,

Santiago

Nils Gustaf Lindgren 03-10-2003 04:14 PM

"Dan Haggarty" > skrev i meddelandet
> "Nils Gustaf Lindgren" > wrote:
> > The subject is the message. I was recommended a cava - by a
> > Freixenet-sponsored web site.
> > What´s you take?

> I prefer Conde de Osborne Solera Gran Reserva Brandy de Jerez.

That would be a Brandy, as in, distilled and matured on oak barrels?

Nils Gustaf

--
Respond to nils dot lindgren at drchips dot se

Michael Pronay 03-10-2003 04:31 PM

"Nils Gustaf Lindgren" > wrote:

>> I prefer Conde de Osborne Solera Gran Reserva Brandy de Jerez.

> That would be a Brandy, as in, distilled and matured on oak
> barrels?

Exactly.

M.