Martin Field

Default TNs

A few tns

Martin

Clover Hill 1999. $33. 18/20

Pipers River, Tasmania. Chardonnay 51%, pinot noir 37%,
pinot meunier 12%. Light gold, persistent bead. Fruity nose:
spring blossoms, biscuity. Dry full palate, brioche-like
flavours. Zingy, zesty finish. Fine aperitif or entrée
style.

Shaw and Smith Sauvignon Blanc 2003. Around $22. 17.5/20

Adelaide Hills. Pale and bright, edge of green. Attractive
floral bouquet, herbal edge. Generous in the mouth, grassy
and a hint of asparagus. Clean, medium acidity on the
finish.

Andrew Thomas Braemore Semillon 2003. $21. 18/20

Hunter Valley. Water pale. Pungent, herbaceous, lemon and
hay on the nose. Lifted aromatic style – almost jumps out of
the glass at you. Full of citrus and herbs. Shares some
sauvignon blanc characters. Cellar to 2010. Distributors:
Australian Prestige Wines, phone +61 3 9388 9700.

Lillydale Estate Chardonnay 2002. About $19. 18.5/20

Yarra Valley. Pale gold. Apricots and toastiness on the
nose. Peaches and like fruits in abundance on the palate,
supported by spicy French oak, hint of citrus at the finish.
Drinking well now and until 2005.

Kies Monkey Nut Tree Sparkling Merlot 2002. $25. 17.5/20

Red to purple. Berries and subtle oak on the nose. Sweetish
blackberry fruit and a hint of liquorice in the mouth.
Off-dry finish. A welcome-the-guests style.

De Bortoli Yarra Valley Pinot Noir 2002. About $28. 18/20

Mid-crimson. Aromatic strawberries and raspberries on the
nose. More ripe strawberries on the palate. Silky soft
mouthfeel. Fruitiness persists in the aftertaste. And why
wouldn't it? The note that accompanied this sample said that
in the making of this wine "...two rather buxom blond
Swedish hospitality students in black bikinis gave pigeage a
whole new meaning..."

Hanging Rock Heathcote Shiraz 2001. $55. 18.5/20

Black to purple. Lovely nose of pepper, mint and a hint of
eucalypt. Chewy, textured red shows lasting but not
aggressive tannins, along with plums, vanillin oak and
savoury aspects. You would only serve this one to close
friends who really like good red.

Mount *** Eclipse Rum About $35. 18.5/20

Barbados, West Indies. Tea-hues. Delicate perfume of sugar
cane and molasses. Smooth, supple, slinky, superb. If they
made rum in Cognac it might taste like this.

Mark Lipton

Martin Field wrote:

> De Bortoli Yarra Valley Pinot Noir 2002. About $28. 18/20
>
> Mid-crimson. Aromatic strawberries and raspberries on the
> nose. More ripe strawberries on the palate. Silky soft
> mouthfeel. Fruitiness persists in the aftertaste. And why
> wouldn't it? The note that accompanied this sample said that
> in the making of this wine "...two rather buxom blond
> Swedish hospitality students in black bikinis gave pigeage a
> whole new meaning..."

LOL!!! Thanks for the interesting notes, Martin.

Mark Lipton

Bernard Caille

Hi Martin
Thanks for the notes.
I was wondering if you got any experience of the two hands winery.
I've got the opportunity to buy some here in the UK.

Prices vary from £12 (about 30 OZ $) to about £24 (60 OZ $ ).

Your input would be greatly appricieted.

Cheers.

Bernard (From sunny Nottingham)

"Martin Field" > wrote in message
> A few tns
>
> Martin
>

> Clover Hill 1999. $33. 18/20
>
> Pipers River, Tasmania. Chardonnay 51%, pinot noir 37%,
> pinot meunier 12%. Light gold, persistent bead. Fruity nose:
> spring blossoms, biscuity. Dry full palate, brioche-like
> flavours. Zingy, zesty finish. Fine aperitif or entrée
> style.
>

> Shaw and Smith Sauvignon Blanc 2003. Around $22. 17.5/20
>
> Adelaide Hills. Pale and bright, edge of green. Attractive
> floral bouquet, herbal edge. Generous in the mouth, grassy
> and a hint of asparagus. Clean, medium acidity on the
> finish.
>

> Andrew Thomas Braemore Semillon 2003. $21. 18/20
>
> Hunter Valley. Water pale. Pungent, herbaceous, lemon and
> hay on the nose. Lifted aromatic style - almost jumps out of
> the glass at you. Full of citrus and herbs. Shares some
> sauvignon blanc characters. Cellar to 2010. Distributors:
> Australian Prestige Wines, phone +61 3 9388 9700.
>

> Lillydale Estate Chardonnay 2002. About $19. 18.5/20
>
> Yarra Valley. Pale gold. Apricots and toastiness on the
> nose. Peaches and like fruits in abundance on the palate,
> supported by spicy French oak, hint of citrus at the finish.
> Drinking well now and until 2005.
>

> Kies Monkey Nut Tree Sparkling Merlot 2002. $25. 17.5/20
>
> Red to purple. Berries and subtle oak on the nose. Sweetish
> blackberry fruit and a hint of liquorice in the mouth.
> Off-dry finish. A welcome-the-guests style.
>

> De Bortoli Yarra Valley Pinot Noir 2002. About $28. 18/20
>
> Mid-crimson. Aromatic strawberries and raspberries on the
> nose. More ripe strawberries on the palate. Silky soft
> mouthfeel. Fruitiness persists in the aftertaste. And why
> wouldn't it? The note that accompanied this sample said that
> in the making of this wine "...two rather buxom blond
> Swedish hospitality students in black bikinis gave pigeage a
> whole new meaning..."
>

> Hanging Rock Heathcote Shiraz 2001. $55. 18.5/20
>
> Black to purple. Lovely nose of pepper, mint and a hint of
> eucalypt. Chewy, textured red shows lasting but not
> aggressive tannins, along with plums, vanillin oak and
> savoury aspects. You would only serve this one to close
> friends who really like good red.
>

> Mount *** Eclipse Rum About $35. 18.5/20
>
> Barbados, West Indies. Tea-hues. Delicate perfume of sugar
> cane and molasses. Smooth, supple, slinky, superb. If they
> made rum in Cognac it might taste like this.

Martin Field

"Bernard Caille" > wrote in message
> Hi Martin
> Thanks for the notes.
> I was wondering if you got any experience of the two hands

winery.
> I've got the opportunity to buy some here in the UK.
>
> Prices vary from £12 (about 30 OZ $) to about £24 (60 OZ

$ ).

> Your input would be greatly appricieted.
>
> Cheers.
>
> Bernard (From sunny Nottingham)

Hi Bernard - I'm not familiar with the brand but check out
the WS article at
http://www.winespectator.com/Wine/Ma...7,1721,00.html

Cheers!
Martin
in a cold and wet Melbourne Spring

Bernard Caille

Thanks Martin that helped a lot.
I really need to try and make a judjement.
Cheers.
Bernard