Marc Branch

Default TN: 1989 Ch. Lynch Bages

My wife and I celebrated our 14th wedding anniversary last
night(married in 1989 for those who don't care to do the arithmetic),
and as is customary, we shared a bottle of the 1989 Chateau Lynch
Bages. The bottle has been stored since release in our cooled space
(60 degrees F). Almost no sediment deposited, still. The wine is
finally starting to show really well. Still very, very dark with a
reddish-purple rim. Deep nose of cedar, blackfruits and a hint of
pencil lead. Rich and mouthfilling, with a nice mixture of intense
youthful blackfruits with a layer of cedar, and a bit of earth. The
mid-palate is dominated by delicious blackfruits with silky tannins,
which evolves into red-fruit notes. The fruit finish lasts about 45
s, and the cedar, earth, tar and tea flavors persist for about 2 min.
Lovely to drink now, but the secondary flavors are yet to develop. We
look forward to the remaining 15 bottles we have (one per year, alas.)

Marc
Dave Gimbel

Default 1989 Ch. Lynch Bages

Opened a 1986 Lynch Bages on the 23rd of Sept to celebrate our 26th. Didn't
make notes, however the wine is still a baby.
2 bottles left.

"Marc Branch" > wrote in message
om...
> My wife and I celebrated our 14th wedding anniversary last
> night(married in 1989 for those who don't care to do the arithmetic),
> and as is customary, we shared a bottle of the 1989 Chateau Lynch
> Bages. The bottle has been stored since release in our cooled space
> (60 degrees F). Almost no sediment deposited, still. The wine is
> finally starting to show really well. Still very, very dark with a
> reddish-purple rim. Deep nose of cedar, blackfruits and a hint of
> pencil lead. Rich and mouthfilling, with a nice mixture of intense
> youthful blackfruits with a layer of cedar, and a bit of earth. The
> mid-palate is dominated by delicious blackfruits with silky tannins,
> which evolves into red-fruit notes. The fruit finish lasts about 45
> s, and the cedar, earth, tar and tea flavors persist for about 2 min.
> Lovely to drink now, but the secondary flavors are yet to develop. We
> look forward to the remaining 15 bottles we have (one per year, alas.)
>
> Marc

Doug

Thank you SO MUCH!!!

My Grandparents gave me $100 for Christmas in my 4th year of university. I
bought 1 bottle of Vodka, (for after exams) and a bottle of the '89. ONE
bottle only. My big regret is I didn't get two. Obviously, it has been
difficult for me to decide when to drink this. Your post helps immensely.

"Marc Branch" > wrote in message
om...
> My wife and I celebrated our 14th wedding anniversary last
> night(married in 1989 for those who don't care to do the arithmetic),
> and as is customary, we shared a bottle of the 1989 Chateau Lynch
> Bages. The bottle has been stored since release in our cooled space
> (60 degrees F). Almost no sediment deposited, still. The wine is
> finally starting to show really well. Still very, very dark with a
> reddish-purple rim. Deep nose of cedar, blackfruits and a hint of
> pencil lead. Rich and mouthfilling, with a nice mixture of intense
> youthful blackfruits with a layer of cedar, and a bit of earth. The
> mid-palate is dominated by delicious blackfruits with silky tannins,
> which evolves into red-fruit notes. The fruit finish lasts about 45
> s, and the cedar, earth, tar and tea flavors persist for about 2 min.
> Lovely to drink now, but the secondary flavors are yet to develop. We
> look forward to the remaining 15 bottles we have (one per year, alas.)
>
> Marc

Annual Anniversary TN: Lynch Bages, 1989 MarcB[_2_] Wine 1 05-10-2010 12:24 AM
1989 Ch Lynch Bages; (1996 Dominus) MarcB Wine 1 30-09-2008 08:30 PM
TN: 1989 Ch. Lynch-Bages MarcB Wine 7 04-10-2007 06:01 AM
1989 Lynch Bages (TN) Marc Branch Wine 4 01-12-2004 11:58 PM
1989 Lynch Bages: When to drink? Doug Wine 2 08-12-2003 02:22 AM