FoodBanter.com

-   -   September Lunch Notes (https://www.foodbanter.com/wine/22796-re-september-lunch-notes.html)

Dale Williams 01-10-2003 01:13 PM

September Lunch Notes

In article >,
(Bill Spohn) writes:

>1998 Conterno Quartetto - first year, I think, for this blend of Nebbiolo,
>Merlot, Cab and Barbera. Nice warm dark fruit nose with some spice, good
>entry,
>and very smooth on palate. Excellent now and will hold medium term

Bill,

Excellent notes as usual. Was this Quartetto blend from Giacomo Conterno or
Aldo Conterno? I'd guess latter.
Dale

Dale Williams
Drop "damnspam" to reply

Bill Spohn 01-10-2003 02:16 PM

September Lunch Notes

>Excellent notes as usual. Was this Quartetto blend from Giacomo Conterno or
>Aldo Conterno? I'd guess latter.

Aldo is correct.

I've had pretty good luck with some of the Super Tuscan, and Super Piemontese
blended wines. Heck, the Super Umbrian Pelago from Umani Ronchi is also very
good.