Posted to alt.food.wine

Default [TN] Gysler Kabinett

One of the benefits of chatting about wines on the Internet is that one
gets a sense of whose tastes run close to their own, which in turn helps
one parse tasting notes found on the Internet. A case in point arose
when I received an email offer for an unfamiliar Riesling for a very
attractive price. When I looked at the notes on this wine on
Cellartracker, I found positive notes from David Bueker (Rieslingfan)
and Salil as well as Lyle Fass, I was fairly confident that I'd like the
wine. Last night, I put that confidence to the test by opening a bottle
with some take-out Thai food:

2006 Weingut Gysler Riesling Kabinett Weinheimer
nose: petrol, white peach and lime
palate: off-dry, balanced acidity, sprightly fruity

More substantial than a classic Kabinett, this wine was still light on
its feet and refreshing at 8% ABV. Lovely with the mango salad and Tom
Yum goong and a great QPR at the $8 per bottle I got it for.

Mark Lipton
Posted to alt.food.wine

Default Gysler Kabinett

On Dec 8, 11:10*am, Mark Lipton > wrote:
> One of the benefits of chatting about wines on the Internet is that one
> gets a sense of whose tastes run close to their own, which in turn helps
> one parse tasting notes found on the Internet. *A case in point arose
> when I received an email offer for an unfamiliar Riesling for a very
> attractive price. *When I looked at the notes on this wine on
> Cellartracker, I found positive notes from David Bueker (Rieslingfan)
> and Salil as well as Lyle Fass, I was fairly confident that I'd like the
> wine. *Last night, I put that confidence to the test by opening a bottle
> with some take-out Thai food:
>
> 2006 Weingut Gysler Riesling Kabinett Weinheimer
> nose: petrol, white peach and lime
> palate: off-dry, balanced acidity, sprightly fruity
>
> More substantial than a classic Kabinett, this wine was still light on
> its feet and refreshing at 8% ABV. *Lovely with the mango salad and Tom
> Yum goong and a great QPR at the $8 per bottle I got it for.
>
> Mark Lipton
> --
> alt.food.wine FAQ: *http://winefaq.cwdjr.net

Gysler is usually great QPR, try the Sylvaner Halbtrocken if you get a
chance, too
Member

Awesome...thanks for the tip.

TN: Seriously good Kabinett DaleW Wine 1 18-05-2009 09:05 PM
TN: Meulenhof Kabinett DaleW Wine 1 13-01-2009 06:02 PM
TN '04 Vollrads Kabinett Mark Lipton[_1_] Wine 4 28-06-2007 02:35 AM
TN Gunderloch Kabinett DaleW Wine 0 27-06-2007 06:49 AM
TN: Rose, Kabinett, Fleurie DaleW Wine 0 27-05-2007 06:36 PM