Posted to alt.food.wine

Default [TN] Gavi

Tonight's dinner was some fresh produce from "Farmer Kevin" (our organic
produce supplier) stir fried over rice. To go with this light repast, I
opened:

2008 "La Soraia" Gavi di Gavi
nose: minerals, citrus, floral
palate: light body, rainwater clarity, soft finish

Not bad for my first Gavi. It really reminded us of Muscadet, though a
bit softer. Very rereshing, very nice.

Mark Lipton
Posted to alt.food.wine

Default Gavi

On Dec 2, 11:46*pm, Mark Lipton > wrote:
> Tonight's dinner was some fresh produce from "Farmer Kevin" (our organic
> produce supplier) stir fried over rice. *To go with this light repast, I
> opened:
>
> 2008 "La Soraia" Gavi di Gavi
> nose: minerals, citrus, floral
> palate: light body, rainwater clarity, soft finish
>
> Not bad for my first Gavi. *It really reminded us of Muscadet, though a
> bit softer. *Very rereshing, very nice.

It must have been about 20 years since I had Gavi. I can't remember
who made the examples I had. Your description is in line with what I
remember. Back then you had to be very careful when you bought light
Italian whites. Too often they stayed on a warm store shelf for a long
time or were perhaps stored in a hot warehouse. It was all too easy to
buy one that was rather flat or even oxidized.

Posted to alt.food.wine

On Thu, 03 Dec 2009 00:46:45 -0500, Mark Lipton >
wrote:

>Tonight's dinner was some fresh produce from "Farmer Kevin" (our organic
>produce supplier) stir fried over rice. To go with this light repast, I
>opened:
>
>2008 "La Soraia" Gavi di Gavi
>nose: minerals, citrus, floral
>palate: light body, rainwater clarity, soft finish
>
>Not bad for my first Gavi. It really reminded us of Muscadet, though a
>bit softer. Very rereshing, very nice.
>
>Mark Lipton

Your first Gavi!This has long been a favorite since an Italian friend
intr15 years ago. It is his favorite North Italian white (along with
Prosecco of course) and has become one of ours (we aren't giving up
Grigio just yet . . .
Joseph Coulter
Joseph Coulter Cruises and Vacations
www.josephcoulter.com
Posted to alt.food.wine

On Dec 3, 12:46�am, Mark Lipton > wrote:
> Tonight's dinner was some fresh produce from "Farmer Kevin" (our organic
> produce supplier) stir fried over rice. �To go with this light repast, I
> opened:
>
> 2008 "La Soraia" Gavi di Gavi
> nose: minerals, citrus, floral
> palate: light body, rainwater clarity, soft finish
>
> Not bad for my first Gavi. �It really reminded us of Muscadet, though a
> bit softer. �Very rereshing, very nice.
>
> Mark Lipton
> --
> alt.food.wine FAQ: �http://winefaq.cwdjr.net

I was reaquainted with Gavi this past spring when I was served a glass
of La Scolca Black Label Gavi 2006. I was hooked and spent the summer
tasting a trying other Gavi de Gavi's. I like your comparison to
Muscadet.