Old 29-11-2009, 02:07 PM posted to alt.food.wine

Default Bunch of WHite Burgs and a Bordeaux

Gun season for deer starts on Monday morning so I hosted a dinner at
my farm for the hunters at my place. Assorted starters included
lobster salad on endive leaf, clams casion, etc all begged for white
wine so I broke into my white burg stash.

2002 Boillot Puligny Montrachet-tasty, crisp, tart, lemon peel.
Medium bodied and well balanced.
2003 Olivier Leflaive Bienvenues Batard Montrachet-More substance than
the Puligny. Richer, lemon curd and pure liquid rock minerality.
Really delicious and smooth.
2005 Bollot Batard Montrachet-Really full bodied, almost a "black
dirt" minerality. Wonderful layers of flavors, vanilla, citrus,
creamy yet well balanced with acidity. I could smell this wine all
night.
2007 Fevre Chablis "Le Clos" another really big chablis with chalky
limestone overtones. Plenty of lemon-lime and crisp vibrant acidity.
All wines merited an "A" from me.

With roasted rack of lamb rubbed with pepper and mustard. 2000
Leoville Poyferre from a mag. Still quite young but still incredibly
delicious. Kind of a cross over between old world and international
in style. On could smell the dirt in the wine yet rich supple cassis
and blackberry notes dominated. Another aromatic masterpiece that one
could whif for hours.

Old 30-11-2009, 03:27 PM posted to alt.food.wine

On Nov 29, 9:07*am, "Bi!!" wrote:
[...]

Nice lineup.
Which Boillot?
Happy Hunting!
Old 30-11-2009, 05:08 PM posted to alt.food.wine

On Nov 30, 10:27�am, DaleW wrote:
On Nov 29, 9:07�am, "Bi!!" wrote:

[...]

Happy Hunting!- Hide quoted text -

Henri
Old 30-11-2009, 06:47 PM posted to alt.food.wine

In article
,
"Bi!!" wrote:

[...]

I'd rather be hunting with you. My pals bring beef jerky and pop tarts
and Natty light seems to now be thing to do lately. If I brought them
anything you mentioned, I would probably be sent into the woods buck
naked except for an orange blaze vest. This dinner seems so much nicer.
Old 30-11-2009, 07:02 PM posted to alt.food.wine

On Nov 30, 1:47�pm, Lawrence Leichtman wrote:
In article
,

�"Bi!!" wrote:
[...]

naked except for an orange blaze vest. This dinner seems so much nicer.- Hide quoted text -

I used to hunt like that but when I built a lodge at my farm I swore I
wouldn't do that again. I took a real nice buck with a bow earlier
this fall so I'm just meat hunting and overseeing the other hunters
and the kitchen at this point.

Old 30-11-2009, 09:53 PM posted to alt.food.wine

In article
,

?"Bi!!" wrote:
[...]

Reiterating, I like your way better. I can't figure out how to convert
guys who chew and carry old coffee cans to spit into wine drinkers other
that the 1/2 gallon variety. I like them but they are good ol boys. We
did make a fine pot of chile with some of the venison we got. I also
have a fully dressed out elk we will be freezing and eating over the
next 6 months. Pheasant are slated for this weekend. We had a 21 pound
wild turkey for Thanksgiving and that was the best bird I have had in
years. Was shot with a bow in Western New Mexico 2 days prior to
Thanksgiving. Because it was a wild bird went with all Red wine with
dinner. Sides were very traditional with a wild boar sausage and
chestnut stuffing with potato bread. Starter was Rustico Nino Franco
which has become our favorite here, great melon nose and just a juicy
Prosecco B+ on Dale scale. With dinner, two magnums of the Tensley
Colson Canyon 2006 Syrah. Nose of spiced cherries and chocolate. B+ on
Dale scale. With Pumpkin and Pecan Pie, the 2003 Reserve Port from
Prager.
Old 01-12-2009, 01:57 AM posted to alt.food.wine

On Nov 30, 4:53�pm, Lawrence Leichtman wrote:
In article
,

?"Bi!!" wrote:
[...]

Prager.- Hide quoted text -

It sounds like you're doing fine. Love the wild turkey and red wine
combo....I did mine with 1998 Sabon CNP Cuvee Presige this year. I
still have a few tin can spitters but they're getting off the skoal
and enjoying the wine and food. But....Bud lite is still a big
favorite...it goes well with the skoal.

TN: 1986 Bordeaux (plus Champagne and 2 white Burgs) DaleW Wine 0 29-01-2016 09:23 PM
TN: SOBER at Dan's with great Bordeaux, Burgs, and Riojas DaleW Wine 3 23-07-2013 06:23 PM
TN: Bunch of Tuscan IGTs, plus Burgs, El Dorado, Bergerac, etc DaleW Wine 2 13-03-2013 12:13 PM
Burgs and Bordeaux ugh. Bi!! Wine 2 31-10-2012 07:10 PM
TN: Bordeaux (& Burgs, Austrian SB, etc) at Triomphe DaleW Wine 15 31-05-2005 02:06 PM