Old 24-11-2009, 07:02 PM posted to alt.food.wine

Default [TN] Backlog notes (CRB Pif & Rotgipfler)

On Tue, 24 Nov 2009 11:27:31 +0100, Michael Pronay
wrote:

Ken Blake wrote:

Glass stoppers, see this:
http://www2.dupont.com/Elvax/en_US/u...esealring.html

Thanks. Interesting. But as I said, I've never seen one like
that.

Sorry for chiming in: Do you mean that you have seen another type
of glass stopper, just not this one, or no glass stopper at all?

Sorry to have confused you. I've seen no glass stoppers at all.

To the best of my knowledge, this type (Vino-Lok) is the only one,
and it's used in Austria and Germany since around 2003, but I'd
estimate the penetration rate well below 5% for them. (Screw-caps
in Austria, otoh, have a market share of over 70% of the whole
production.)

M.

--
Ken Blake
Please Reply to the Newsgroup

Old 24-11-2009, 08:19 PM posted to alt.food.wine

In article ,
Michael Pronay wrote:

Ken Blake wrote:

Glass stoppers, see this:
http://www2.dupont.com/Elvax/en_US/u...esealring.html

Thanks. Interesting. But as I said, I've never seen one like
that.

Sorry for chiming in: Do you mean that you have seen another type
of glass stopper, just not this one, or no glass stopper at all?

To the best of my knowledge, this type (Vino-Lok) is the only one,
and it's used in Austria and Germany since around 2003, but I'd
estimate the penetration rate well below 5% for them. (Screw-caps
in Austria, otoh, have a market share of over 70% of the whole
production.)

M.

Yes, this was on a Cote du Rhone and is a glass stopper.

Lunch Notes Bill S. Wine 0 03-06-2012 06:25 PM
Zin Notes Bill S. Wine 2 27-02-2012 12:00 AM
pu notes Falky foo Tea 1 22-01-2005 06:28 PM
IGT Notes Bill Spohn Wine 2 23-03-2004 02:28 PM
Notes from All Over Bill Spohn Wine 0 11-03-2004 01:44 PM