Posted to alt.food.wine

Default 2007 Joseph Voillot

I was at a tasting yesterday of 2007 Joseph Voillot wines. Voillot is
based in Volnay but has holdings in Pommard also. No mistaking the
connection between the wines as the style was consistant across the
board. Voillot makes a fairly small amount of these wines from a
total of about 30 acres consisting of 10 1er red burgundies from
Volany and Pommard, a Village wine from each and a Bourgogne.
Judicious use of oak allowed for the flavors to be fairly
transparent. The wines were all quite light in color verging on
Rose. The Volnay was lithe and elegant with a striking minerality
whi8le the Pommard was more earthy in nature. All the wines possessed
a firm acidic backbone and were all quite enjoyable.
The Bourgogne was especially tasty and with a price of $25 in Ohio it
was a real bargain. The wines tasted we
Bourgogne
Volnay Village
Pommard Village
Pommard Les Pezerolles 1er
Pommard Clos Micault 1er
Volnay Les Champans 1er
Volnay Les Fremiets 1er
Overall the crowd favorite was the Pommard Les Pezerolles while my
personal favorite was the Volnay Les Champans. The Bourgogne was a
real crowd pleaser though.
Posted to alt.food.wine

On Nov 20, 11:20*am, "Bi!!" > wrote:
> I was at a tasting yesterday of 2007 Joseph Voillot wines. *Voillot is
> based in Volnay but has holdings in Pommard also. *No mistaking the
> connection between the wines as the style was consistant across the
> board. *Voillot makes a fairly small amount of these wines from a
> total of about 30 acres consisting of 10 1er red burgundies from
> Volany and Pommard, a Village wine from each and a Bourgogne.
> Judicious use of oak allowed for the flavors to be fairly
> transparent. *The wines were all quite light in color verging on
> Rose. *The Volnay was lithe and elegant with a striking minerality
> whi8le the Pommard was more earthy in nature. *All the wines possessed
> a firm acidic backbone and were all quite enjoyable.
> The Bourgogne was especially tasty and with a price of $25 in Ohio it
> was a real bargain. *The wines tasted we
> Bourgogne
> Volnay Village
> Pommard Village
> Pommard Les Pezerolles 1er
> Pommard Clos Micault 1er
> Volnay Les Champans 1er
> Volnay Les Fremiets 1er
> Overall the crowd favorite was the Pommard Les Pezerolles while my
> personal favorite was the Volnay Les Champans. *The Bourgogne was a
> real crowd pleaser though.

thanks for notes. I've only had a couple Voillots, but have enjoyed.
May open an 05 Volnay VV soon, but 05s are trcky now